Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

why?...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why?...

Why do harley riders hate us? i grew up on a block full of harleys. hells angels really. i grew up on a harley. i still ride them. but i love my cbr. i love the speed and cornering. if i pas another bike i give them the hand. it it is a suzuki or a harley or even a vespa. but sometimes in return i get the finger. one day i parked my bike by the beach in western new york some harley rode up i gave them the nod and went to take a leak. when i came back my baby was on her side. they broke my screen, scratched her up a little, broke my peg, and the kicker is...they spit all over the side of my bike. wtf? if you got two wheels your good in my book. so why does it seem like were hated? anyone else have these experiences

Old 01-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Default RE: why?...

Sounds like there a right bunch of turds to me, [:@]

Old 01-15-2006, 02:15 PM

I've seen some who hate us and some who have loved us for our sport. Some respect the fact we ride, and some think we're just a bunch of speed freak ********. It's those lane splitters that give us bad names. I don't agree with that type of riding myself b/c I rather minimize risks, not add to them. It just depends on which type of riders you encounter and not for nothing, but we do create a biased upon them as well b/c we all refer to them as harley guys, when there are more cruiser bikes than just harley lovers. Anyone we see on a touring bike we are like please, you don't know what riding is...but they do and that is something we must eliminate. But just for something different....I attended a ride for Katrina, and although my group was the only sportbike riders, we all came together for one cause....to help. Check my album for a photo...

Old 01-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: F2Woody

Why do harley riders hate us? i grew up on a block full of harleys. hells angels really. i grew up on a harley. i still ride them. but i love my cbr. i love the speed and cornering. if i pas another bike i give them the hand. it it is a suzuki or a harley or even a vespa. but sometimes in return i get the finger. one day i parked my bike by the beach in western new york some harley rode up i gave them the nod and went to take a leak. when i came back my baby was on her side. they broke my screen, scratched her up a little, broke my peg, and the kicker is...they spit all over the side of my bike. wtf? if you got two wheels your good in my book. so why does it seem like were hated? anyone else have these experiences

your problem is not with harley riders. your problem occured when you ran into a group of a$$holes who happened to be riding harleys. this is one of the bad instances that add to the harley stereotype. and the reason they messed with your bike was probably because of some a$$hole on a sportbike messed with one of them sometime. so in turn they stereotyped you because of your choice of bike. i ride with three other guys on a weekly basis. i have my 929, a friend has a gsxr 1000, another friend has a victory vegas, and the 4th has a harley lowrider. these are the best guys that i have ever met. and we all met while riding. the fact is there are great people riding all types of bikes. and there are jerks riding all types of bikes as well.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:47 AM

i agree 100% with all of you. when i'm not on my cbr i'm on a 78 sportster. the guys and gals i ride with ride everything unbiased. i met a guy at a concert on the beach once who liked my bike so much he asked to ride in return i rode his custom road king. we've rode together since since. i love cruisers and i don't stereotype by the bike you ride. just how you ride it i guess. but i live in a very harley part of town and i was wonderin if anyone else has had similar problems.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:46 PM

I haven't met any body throwin the bird yet, just i drop they hand or head nod and get it in return.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your problem is not with harley riders. your problem occured when you ran into a group of a$$holes who happened to be riding harleys.

Totally true. But beyond that is group dynamics. Some people are so immature they need to denigrate others in order to preserve their own worth. For most of us that means a snide remark about 'x' brand riders or 'x' brand itself. For some, though, it means actual damage or destruction of groups different from themselves. If one looks at children and adolescents (especially adolescents) that behavior is readily observable. Just go up to any group of adolescent boys and state that Ford is better than Chevy - or nearly any other automotive comparison you care to make. You are guaranteed a hot and heavy discussion, if not the spread of bloody noses. Fortunately most of us grow up and realize personal choice different than ours isn't really a slam at us. Those that don't spend their time trying to make sure anyone different from them suffers. Sorry to hear you ran into a bunch of them.