Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WHY

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY

Why does it never fail when you pass another bike, regardless of brand, the rider feels obligated to keep up with the person that is passing. Never fails I pass another bike they decide we are in AMA FREEWAY RACE SERIES....Hell I did not know I was racing today. Hell let me know ahead of time so I can get ready.

I am just curious on why

Semper Fi

Old 09-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Default RE: WHY

My take: no one like to lose!

Old 09-09-2006, 12:39 AM

yea it happens to everyone.... sometimes its kinda fun to screw with another sportbike... i dont really do it with cruzers.....

Old 09-09-2006, 01:40 AM

Maybe they are the insecure ones trying to make up for something? NO YOU CANT PASS ME!! THIS IS MY ROAD, AND MY BIKE IS OOOBER L33T!! hahahah... I havnt had this problem... if I come up behind a bike i just hang out in their view and go whatever speed they go. 2 sets of eyes are better than one, and 2 bikes are easier to see for the jack a$$es on the cells

P.S. maybe you should wheelie by them so they feel inferior, then theyll hang back hahahah

Old 09-09-2006, 02:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silly human pride... cerebrial intercourse... The masses, are asses!!!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 09-09-2006, 02:23 AM

wow guys just freaking face it we all have bikes...
WHY WOULDN"T YOU WANT TO RACE ANOTHER BIKE.
Thats my take on it. lol
Anyways no one passes me.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:15 AM

Ok showing my age again, Overtaking was the cue you would give to other rider if they wanted to dice, although usually you would zip in front, hit the brake lights, and rev the bike a couple of times, then fang it. So after over the years this got shortened to just overtaking lobbing in front, maintaining the same speed for a bit, and then giving it the berries. If the other rider wanted to race, he would be right up behind you. If not, he would drop back.
If the guy in front wanted to call it off for whatever reason (like "I just spotted the radar & your on your own") He would put his right indicator on (2 blinks) left (2 blinks) and then tap the rear brake so the light came on. If the bike behind wanted to call it off, they would just slow down and maybe give a quick flash of the headlights.
I not saying this system is universal, but I think the sentiment is the same, If you think about it, when someone passes you, I think that most of us will respond, even if it's only a mental note (like "Bloody smart ****" or the American equivelant).

Old 09-09-2006, 04:22 AM

because when i am riding solo and bored and another bike zips past i go "woo hoo, play time!"

Old 09-09-2006, 04:32 AM

ORIGINAL: j0el

because when i am riding solo and bored and another bike zips past i go "woo hoo, play time!"
Excactomoi

Old 09-09-2006, 06:28 AM

Yep, just think of it like a dog laying around the house. On his own with people around sometimes he just wants to lay there, but as soon as a new dog shows up, he's up and ready to go.