Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Whose going to the superbowl?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whose going to the superbowl?

Well, it is that time again. Do you ever find yourself saying,"I just hope it is a good game instead of a blowout." Anyway, I thing that the Saints will beat Chicago (due to Grossman's incompetance), but I cannot decide between the Colts and Pats. I think Tom Brady is GREAT, but it seems like Manning HAS TO WIN THIS GAME! Unless he is the Jim Kelly of the modern era, I think the odds are in his favor. Anyway, that's my opinion.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Default RE: Whose going to the superbowl?

Voodoo, I don't disagree with your views very often, but my God.... I HATE Brady and the Pats. OMG I am so sick of them and they are the most boring team in the world to watch. I can't believe that San Diego blew that game last week. I was getting pretty happy that the Pats were gonna lose, but alas, it was not to be.

As far as the Superbowl goes, I think it's gonna be whichever AFC team goes. I can't see the Aints or the CubBears either one beating the AFC team that makes it.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:41 PM

Not the Chargers []. I've seen this do this so many times it makes me sick.[:@]

MDFF

Old 01-19-2007, 05:27 PM

Well I think its all going to be the Colts and Saints. I have great respect for Tom Brady and Belichick-lets face it Belichick could win a game with Brady, three construction workers, a bowling pin setter, and some garbage men. Voodoo is right on this one, Manning has to win, but in order to win he will need his arm and the Colts to bring their defense which has amazingly shown up in the past two weeks.

Grossman will probably lose it this weekend, he seems to go from a high to a low, and this is scheduled to be an amazing low week. I can see Reggie Bush having an awesome game seeing how the Bears secondary is especially beat-up.

My prediction, Colts vs Saints.

Final score Colts -28, Saints - 17

Old 01-19-2007, 05:44 PM

Old, I couldnt agree with you more on the points that I HATE THE PATRIOTS!!!!!! Ugh, I really dont like the AFC as a whole, but my gosh how much I hate the Pats exceeds the conference as a whole. I really am not a fan or Indy either, but I dont care who plays the Pats, I want the other team to win.

I do agree, I think the Saints should come out ahead of the Bears, sincethe Bears havent been performing all that great, and I hope thats the way it will come out. My hope is that its the Colts vs. Saints. Saints come out 27-17. Thats my opinion

Old 01-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Retired Moderator

I think that we all get tired of the same teams winning over and over again...Yankees, Pats, Lakers , 9ers (in the 80's), Tiger Woods, etc. That is just the nature of watching sports. When a team dominates, it gets to be a real drag. I don't mind if the Pats lose because I think Belicheck (sp?) is an *******, but his team has owned the last five years as the favorite team, for better or worse. We'll have to see how it plays out. I am very anxious for the AFC game. It's driving me nuts!

Old 01-19-2007, 09:21 PM

I agree this year that the NFC team doesn't have a chance against either AFC team. I would say the Saints would win, but they are playing at Soldier Field, so I'm going with da Bears.
I think Peyton will show up against the Pats, and he and Addai will have huge games.
In the Super Bowl, I look for the Colts to take da Bears 23-17 in OT. It would be a helluva game if it went into OT.
BTW, Peyton Manning has a horse ranch 20 minutes from my house (just a little tidbit of info, not like anyone cares!)

Old 01-20-2007, 09:22 AM

In my opinion, the real superbowl is the Indy/Pats game (and I'm an NFC fan all the way). As much as I hate the Pats, if I were a betting man, I would take them to win this weekend. As a matter of fact, I may actually bet on this game and bet $100 on the Pats. That way, if they win, I get a little bit of cash and feel like I at least made some money out of my misery of watching them win. If they lose, then it's just like I paid someone $100 to make sure they lost -- and I would do that in a heartbeat!

Old 01-20-2007, 09:57 AM

not me i am not even ganna watch it. i would say why but you guyz might get mad. hahah hahha

Old 01-20-2007, 11:07 AM

You're just going to leave us hanging like that?

Quick Reply: Whose going to the superbowl?