Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who knows Famous People?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who knows Famous People?

Currently a Gulfstream 200...gets old living out of a suitcase though [:'(]

ORIGINAL: fbeatty1

ORIGINAL: Red600RR

In the six degrees of seperation realm...

I see celebs on a weekly basis at airports. I'm a Corporate Jet Captain and that's how the rich and famous get around. You name any big celeb, and I've probably seen them in Aspen, Palm Springs, Burbank (Hollywood), New York City, Hawaii, etc. etc. etc.

They put their pants on like everyone else....But I will tell you one thing. They're all a bunch of hypocrits...telling everyone how we need to save energy, go green, and all commute to work in a Ford Pinto. Then they pull up in their stretched limo and jump on the 45 million dollar jet burning 600 gallons an hour of jet fuel.

PUULLLEEZZZEEEE

RED
I have always thought they were hypocrites too...

What do you fly? I used to do a lot of travel in the corporate jet that the company I worked for owned. First was a Falcon 20, then a Falcon 50. Sometimes I wish I would have stuck with flying and not transferred into engineering...

Old 04-27-2008, 08:38 PM

1. Was ona "security" deal for Chuck Norris when he first came to Ft Worth (and later decided he wanted to make a TV show, "Walker, Texas Ranger" here). Buddies with one of the consultants for the show and would go to the set ever so often. He's really a nice guy. We had to follow him around because drunks liked to try to pick fights with him to show off to their women. Stupid.

2. Had a tuna-fish sandwich and chips with President Bush (he was Governor Bush at the time) at a huge fire scene here in north Texas. He arrived early (the press was coming) and we ate and talked about the Cowboys and Rangers.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:38 PM

What do you mean by "know"...hang out with or someone you met??
I met plenty of celebrities, some big time, some notorious...Pretty much all fluke too.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:44 PM

Not all big time celebrities are hypocrits... depends...

Old 04-27-2008, 08:47 PM

i grew up with adam from killswitch engaged, he's cool ****, talk to him every few days, the guys from seven dust, hang out at a few partys with them from time to time, meet dain cook a few times, hung out with him once or twice,and my older sister is a good friend of matt damon (sp) they where in high school together. oes that count? i'm from boston every one knows every one there.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:50 PM

had friend in high school, Jeff Davis, who was placekicker for the raiders, chargers, and cardinals....worked with former falcon Gerald Riggs on a talk radio show here in atlanta during the 90's...worked with former falcon Alfred Jenkins for a short time in 2003...ur gonna like this one...my wife met ama superbike/superstock rider Geoff May's (team jordan suzuki) then fiance at a concert here in atlanta a few years ago...we actually hung out w/them quite a bit before he signed w/Emgo...very nice down to earth guy...also used to party all the time w/Morgan Rose, drummer for Sevendust, back in the day on the local scene in Atl. before he hit the bigtime...dude has mad skills!

Old 04-27-2008, 08:53 PM

From my experience, the really big time people are really cool and genuine(you wouldn't think it)...it's the up and coming that can be a little off.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:06 PM

Forgot two actually... Doug Henry, the Dirtbike racer, used to live in my town. my mom did some work with him on a video because she owns her own video production company. I got to go to his house and see him ride on his track... i was too young at the time to actually ride it myself.

My girlfriend went to grammar school with Lauren Ambrose, she has been in a few movie's and TV shows. and she used to work woth Crissy Carlson Ramanno's Sister.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:33 PM
VP

I've met Andre 3000 and Big Boi at my job on separate occasions (both coming in for business). Andre 3000 has a condo right in front of my office and drives a green Ferrari 612.

Bobby Valentino comes in pretty much every other week to get help with his account. He knows me and everyone else at work by name (kind of douche because he talks **** about other musicans all the time).

I've also met Caroline Rey, Margaret Cho, Douglas Jones (drummer for Arrested Development), Usher, TI, Jermaine Dupree, and Alicia Keys all at the office.

Away from work I met the comedian Sinbad at the ATL airport (randomnly stood next to me at baggage check).

Some of you older folks may recognize Donna Douglas from the Beverly Hillbillies as Elly May. She is my Dad's 2nd cousin. She bought me and my brother a lifetime subscription to HighLights magazine when we were young, and they just recently stopped sending it.

I know I'm forgetting others, but I can't remember them all right now.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Met and hung out with a lot of now big name comedians, ran a comedy club for a few years. I still correspond with Chris Titus though, that guy is just the coolest dude ever i swear. We got along the second i met him, my daily car was broken at the time so i had to pick him up from the airport in my 66 Chevy II, which was 650 hp, and had a full cage etc, basiclly a drag car. I thought for sure i would get fired lol, just found room for his bags in back barely, he squeezes in thru the cage, straps in his 6pt harness, and says to me "this is the coolest ****in pickup i have ever gotten, sets see what this bitch can do". Needless to say found out he is a huge car nut too, so we hung out for like 2 weeks, and still get together once in a blue moon when he is in the area, just an awsome person.

Grew up withBob Wickman, pitcher for the Brewers, Indians, Yankees, i was his catcher from little league thru highschool and legion ball.

Douche list, all whom i have hung out with unprofessionly, Brett Favre, David Spade, Jeff Dunham.

Quick Reply: Who knows Famous People?