Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

who hates parts guys i do

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: who hates parts guys i do

+1 On the puncuation/grammar. My head hurts now!!

Only thing that I can say, is the first problem of your story is the fact you were at AutoZone.

Most of those monkeys DO think they know it all...... and in reality they know jack shizzy.

Hey, wanna have some fun with them? They have a small section for motorcycles. Go in and ask them for a spark plug for a '96 Honda CR500R

Old 03-01-2006, 12:34 AM

oh i hate parts people like crazy. At a local dealer they have a girls working behind the computer... so i say i need a head gasket and base gasket for a 03 cr125 or whatever i am working on. She looks at me and says here point them out on the screen. ????? hello you are suposed to know this! Then another time i was buying brakes for my truck and the guy at the auto parts store kept telling me what i should do and what i need. I told him what i wanted and he was talking to me like i was a fricken 10 year old that knows nothing about brakes. He told me all this crazy crap and what i was doing wrong. Then i asked him if he was a certified mechanic and he said no... i said shut up because i am. He didn't say much after that Thats why when i need parts i order them online or get part numbers online and give them the part numbers so they get it right. As long as they can copy numbers....

Old 03-02-2006, 01:05 AM

+1 On the puncuation/grammar. My head hurts now!!

Only thing that I can say, is the first problem of your story is the fact you were at AutoZone.

Most of those monkeys DO think they know it all...... and in reality they know jack shizzy.

Hey, wanna have some fun with them? They have a small section for motorcycles. Go in and ask them for a spark plug for a '96 Honda CR500R

Ya i was in autozone for a filter but i called a freaking motorcycle shop proablly the biggest one within 200 miles of me and the dip **** says that i dont need a jet kit. Common sence tells you that when your bike kicks *** stock than you put a header and pipe on and all of the sudden it runs like **** you need more fuel. You jet your bike, car, boat, motorhome any freaking thing that is carburated when you add exhaust not just mufflers but headers larger pipes and mufflers it is what you do. I knew i was really in trouble when he asks what bike so i tell him an f4 assuming he would know than he asks me what make and it was down hill from there.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:38 PM

I'm with y'all on the parts folks..what usally happens to me is I call for a quote get a price , call back in like 20 minutes and the fuking price goes up? WTF?

Old 03-02-2006, 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: transamlt1man

oh i hate parts people like crazy. At a local dealer they have a girls working behind the computer... so i say i need a head gasket and base gasket for a 03 cr125 or whatever i am working on. She looks at me and says here point them out on the screen. ????? hello you are suposed to know this! Then another time i was buying brakes for my truck and the guy at the auto parts store kept telling me what i should do and what i need. I told him what i wanted and he was talking to me like i was a fricken 10 year old that knows nothing about brakes. He told me all this crazy crap and what i was doing wrong. Then i asked him if he was a certified mechanic and he said no... i said shut up because i am. He didn't say much after that Thats why when i need parts i order them online or get part numbers online and give them the part numbers so they get it right. As long as they can copy numbers....

Oh no...dumb move....girls can't always sell things, no matter how cute they are!

Old 03-02-2006, 05:55 PM

Now that's pretty funny. Reminds me of a harley shop. A lot of my friends ride the same Honda cruiser and when it came out there was no aftermarket available for it for years. So we all started making parts and fabbing adapters and things to maker other parts work. So we'd go into harley shops and give them an EXACT part number we wanted and they would ALWAYS say "what's it going on" ...

IT'S GOING ON MY BIKE - DO YOU HAVE ONE OR NOT???? Christ I hate that.

Anway all that said. I guess I'm a parts guy kinda' so if you still need a jet kit - shoot me an email at info@chromewhore.com or just buy one on my site and I can have it for you in a few days.

J.T.
www.chromewhore.com

Old 03-02-2006, 07:11 PM

there are 2 different peoples in this world, those who are mechanics and those who wish to become one...............

Old 03-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Retired Administrator

You know... reading posts likes this reminds me I'm not the only one that will be climbing a clock tower some day

Old 03-03-2006, 12:07 AM

I love it everyone has the same problem i do. What is the best is when you give them the exact part number and 2 more for other brands they carry and still ask you what year, what engine, dose it have ac, is the car black, do you listen to am of fm in the car radio, shut the f*** up and look up the number