Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who buys a Harley Davidson?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who buys a Harley Davidson?

I quit reading after the first line or two cause i realized that it was a never ending post. didu really write all that to say that harleys sucked? damn, u must have alot of time on ur hands

Old 01-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.valkyrieriders.com/harley/home.htm
Hey check this out btw, funny as hell.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoy people that enjoy people on two wheels. I HATE people that use generalizations to put down other people without knowing anything about them. Grow up.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:56 PM

I can see you didn't write that, and it is full of bias, assumptions and flat out wrong info.

#1, you assume every rider is looking for the same kind of riding experience.
#2, the Sportster is NOT the fastest HD production bike, by far. ESPECIALLY the 883.

If you ride SOLEY as a recreational outlet, you MAY lean toward performance. If you ride year round, you MAY choose differantly. I ride year round and own a HD and a sport bike. I prefer BOTH.

As to cost, Hell, for what you pay for just 1 HD you could buy 2 jap bikes. But you can also spend on 1 jap bike more then you would on a HD.
And if you want bigger, faster, prettier you do the same as we do for our sports bikes. Notice the differant classifications for bikes? SAME as automobiles!!! You don't see every car out on the streets as a performance vehicle. Each kind has it's own purpose and function.

The ignorance of that post as it applies to motorcycles, HD in particular, is incredible. The old "horror" stories of HD's rattleing apart (rattle traps) is BS with the exception of OLDER bikes, which, wait until your bike reaches that same age, IF IT LIVES THAT LONG, you will find it to do the same thing.

Is your jap bike faster then an HD, hell yes. But I know people with HD's that can pull wheelies (10's) all day. Will it outperform HD on the track? Without a doubt. But that is not what the whole motorcycle world is about.

Anyway, that's enough of the time I'll waste on this post.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:14 AM

ok, scrolled through the posts, but hasnt this been posted already?

Old 01-26-2007, 03:30 AM

I happen to get along good with the "harley guys" around here and get respected the same, also get the deuce from 90% of them.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:52 AM
Mad

I went on a ride with my buddy who has a HD. It was fun and was I laughing as we rode through La Jolla, CA. I still have a stock pipe and his **** is loud as hell!!!! I couldn't even hear my bike... Only thing that sucks is he can't split lanes (his choice). So I had to stick with him in traffic. I get along with all riders.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:04 AM

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

Harley Davidson owners are preoccupied with image and sound, so much so that they've forgotten the basic principle that backs up those two aspects; performance. Image and sound are nothing, they are meaningless, without performance, but you can't convince people of that today. Performance. You can't have image and sound without performance to back it up. You just can't. If you try, you've got a facade, a hollow shell and you're just a wannabe hiding within it.

[the rest of the verbal diarrhea deleted....]
Those are some pretty strong words from a guy who does this to his bike:

Some would even call you hypocritical!

So since you're all into performance, what kind of lap times are you getting on this blue-skulled meanie???? You must take this to the track because you didn't just do this custom body work and paint for IMAGE, did you?????????

Old 01-26-2007, 06:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Bobthebiker

Honestly, its just like the guys that ride goldwings, or any cruiser, its not a performance bike, its for cruising. if they wanted a PERFORMANCE bike, they woulda bought a CBR, or the like, then again, who's to say they dont also have one sitting in their garage next to the HD?
Beneathit all, Japanese cruisers especially Hondas are all perfomance bikes. Old Fat guy back me up on this.I've ridden a few ST1100, VTX 1300/1800, Sabers, Magnas, Rebels, Nighthawks, and even and 850lbs Goldwings and they are all sportbikes at heart. They don't handle, stop, or accelarateas good as a sportbikes butdon't underestimate their capabilities.Especially the Goldwing, twinspar aluminum frame, a flat six toadd balance to the chasis, 17 in wheels, dual 3 piston calipers up front, single 3 pistoncaliper rear, and a gorgeous single sided swingarm. It's an overweight sportbike with saddlebags and a trunk. I've seen guys bring them in with the edges of thesaddles bags scrape up from thowing them over in corners. It really must be nice to own two bikes but if I could only have one and it couldn't be a "crotchrocket", it would still be Japanese and most likely(1) Goldwing or (2) ST1300.
Sorry I'm done.[&o]
[sm=rant.gif]

Old 01-26-2007, 06:38 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Obligatory anti [insert bike choice here] bashing thread response:

Can't we all just get along?

Quick Reply: Who buys a Harley Davidson?