Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Where to start.. too much to do..

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i dont have a heater in my garage anymore so im going to be doing some "early" spring mods when the temp is a little bit more tolerable. wrenching in 15 degree weather sucks.

Debating on the rim tape and adding a drop shadow to my wing. Then SS lines in red to help the RR and rim tape to pop. i have a couple oil changes to do... i also halted on my electrical issues with the rr till it gets warm so i have that to mess with. I started saving for a DSLR so i will probably stop at the SS lines.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
more like "wind resistant" than windproof.
Sounds like my garage! i just hooked up a propane heater to a bottle when i go out there to work...it don't do much other than give you a place to go to get a little heat/feeling back

Old 01-13-2011, 10:46 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Ive got to finish mounting my 1000rr tail on my 929, fill the vent holes, prime, paint it gloss black

make plate mounts (angle aluminum pcd black)

finish mounting the tail light, wiring it as well as my integrated brake/rear signals

rivet my shortened DEVIL exhuast back together, i have to wait for sprint to take it to get final mounting at a exhaust shop though...

Rewrap and remove some foam from my seats (thx Vangil for giving me some left over vinyl)

Finish mounts my gsxr mirrors (requires me making custom mounting plates to get the correct angle) I came up with a way to do it last night but im out of cutting bits for my dremel

um sand and repaint my duct covers/mount my flushmount front signals in them, and wire

I need a smoked db windscreen

and i need to send of some small pieces for my buddy to powdercoat for me....

heres progress pics

devil pipe i traded for

shortened

mock up mountsing

aluminum undertail i cut for 1krr tail (being sent of to pc)

tail mock up with undertail

Old 01-13-2011, 10:54 AM

im kind of getting burnt out so hopefully i have it wrapped up by spring...

regardless though i have all the to finish on top of lining up 4 or 5 local audi/halo jobs in the next few weeks (i really enjoy this stuff though)

Old 01-14-2011, 06:44 AM

thanks man... my plan it so drill 4 small holes through the ban, and into the subframe (after its powder coated obv.) and rivet it to the subframe... itll be permanent but also removable if i ever need to take it off again...

and i like the vent holes but i dont have the gilles for them so i think they look like garbage being able to see my subframe and all.... im still not 100% on filling them but i most likely will

Old 01-14-2011, 07:03 AM

I think you should keep the grilles too.

heres a link on ebay for a set. kinda pricey, but probably less of a headache than filling them in. after all, time is precious.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...Q5fAccessories

Looks good though. I like how skinny the tail looks without the exhaust under it.

Also, instead of pop rivets, I would use removable snap rivets. They are plenty strong enough to hold that pan on. and they are easily removed. Or a few nice stainless button head cap screws would look good too.

Last edited by justasquid; 01-14-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:22 AM

hey squid thx for the suggestions... i like them haha... yea i started looking into vents... bc ill be honest im kinda not looking forward to trying to fill them...

i posted on 1krr.net hoping someone will have a pair laying around i can just have...

regardless can you get me a pic of some removable snap rivets? So I have some sort of idea of what im looking for...

also im looking for some rubber stripping to put along the edge of the of the undertail to clean up the slightly jagged ridges on the edge... after it get back from being pc black...

Quick Reply: Where to start.. too much to do..