Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Where is the rule that sportbike = deuche

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think if u look younger then some people will treat u like an idiot, just for fun but they don't **** around with older people..

Old 09-19-2010, 07:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Bike curious" I forgot all about this episode

http://youtu.be/_FFB_u4AP3U

Yeah I was in odd form during that rant Glad I found a decent place to get parts - NOW if I can just find a club to ride with that just wants to ride. Not stand up on handlebars or wear their helmet on top of their head...not on..on top of - wtf?

Old 09-19-2010, 05:35 PM

people that don't ride are just as bad with all their stupid misconseptions.

what size is your bike(displacement)? and what kind of bike do you have? are the 2 main questions.

most americans think big displacement = better. "oh, it's a 600. my buddy's harley is a 1200." yeah, that means jackpoo, guy. your buddy's harley weigh's a ton, rides like a tractor and is slow as crap. displacement is not everything.

and "what kind of bike do you have" translates to "do you have a real man's bike(loud, heavy, chrome encrusted bling-mobile) or a Jap/Euro bike. why is it muscle cars are super cool, but their equivalent, bike-wise, are not. and it's sad that there are no American bikes worth being raced or even up to par with modern tech. Buell was our one chance to be proud, but HD ruined that.

sorry to rant, but it bugs me.

I could also go off on all the misinformed people who have never ridden before and are sold a liter sized sportbike or giant heavy cruiser for a 1st bike. then they get in a horrible wreck with no safety gear and decide that "motorcycles are dangerous"

but what really pisses me off are places that sell 'novelty helmets' and dot stickers. you want to look cool don't you? no one looks cool as a retard or with half their face ripped off.

last thing- what's with cruiser guys who wear leather head to toe(good protection, I approve) but then they wear the novelty brain bucket helmet and chaps. so you have protected your entire body, except for your head and crotch. trying to become dickless morons?

sorry if I offended any cruiser guys, but I kinda doubt they're on here.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:34 PM

Dickless morons...haha. rant on my friend ..good points. I also love that when I say I ride they all tell me I'm going to wreck. Wtf? I don't feel the need to tell them I hope they wreck in their car

Old 09-19-2010, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by greasy
people that don't ride are just as bad with all their stupid misconseptions.
I could also go off on all the misinformed people who have never ridden before and are sold a liter sized sportbike or giant heavy cruiser for a 1st bike. then they get in a horrible wreck with no safety gear and decide that "motorcycles are dangerous"

exactly, or the people who have never ridden and only heard stories/watched videos of motorcycle crashes and what not and deem them as dangerous, what gives?

so is driving, walking up the stairs, getting in/out of a tub, etc..

Old 09-19-2010, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Deltemis
exactly, or the people who have never ridden and only heard stories/watched videos of motorcycle crashes and what not and deem them as dangerous, what gives?

so is driving, walking up the stairs, getting in/out of a tub, etc..
yeah, tons of people actually die in the shower slipping and hitting their heads. I'm going to start telling people they shouldn't shower when they tell me I shouldn't ride.

but it's the guy in the tub next to you you really gotta watch out for...

Old 09-20-2010, 12:03 AM

I pulled my helmet off one day at a store where a now ex-friend happened to drive up, he said "I would have never recognized you, I just thought you were some stupid teenager on a crotch rocket" (was on the 954 and I'm old, too).

When people say "Don't you know those I dangerous?" I always go "Oh my gosh, I had no idea. I better sell it right now."

I like to ask the Harley/cruiser guys if their Do-Rag is kevlar.

I walk in a shop, they want to sell me cruisers or Goldwings, then when I tell them I still race and only ride CBRs, they all look at me like I just grew horns.