Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Where is the rule that sportbike = deuche

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the rule that sportbike = deuche

*rant on*

I've spent a month repairing my bike. Calling around to get parts, asking questions - getting it all together. This last time I called to get a chain and sproket kit...that was just the last straw. 1 guy didn't call me back, 2 dealers treated me like an idiot when I said I had a 98 CBR and was a new rider...that I just needed basic equipment. One guy said "I'm not the guy that has it, just the guy who has the lowest price". Finally find a guy who was decent and ordered it. Went over to check the shop and holy hell. Big hairy guys with bandannas strutting around with frat boys with faux hawks pushing me out of the way. I just don't get the self propelling thing with 'bikers'. Are you a deuche and get a bike, or do you get a bike and become a deuche? I've ridden a year, I don't think I'm any worse off...haha

*rant off*

Present company excluded of course..well except for that ONE guy on here....j/k

Old 09-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quite the opposite, I find most bike riders to be fairly decent people. There are a few around with attitude that's for sure, but they would dick's whether they had bikes or not. Most of us are good people & I can tell that you're probably a decent person to (the fact that you have a 98 CBRF3 has nothing to do with my opinion

Most dealers I have dealings with are pretty good at customer service (you're a potential customer) But the guys in the spares section? Yeah, they always seem to act like their doing you a tremendous favour even listening to you & 99.9% of the time will never have the part you want. ("Wanted, arrogant & aloof person to work in our parts department") all of them seem to have a feather up their **** about something.
Do what I & many other do, vote with you're wallet & shop around till you find the place that does have good service, let them know what happened at the other place ( And let the owner or the manager of the other place know why you won't shop there & that you're going to bad mouth it to all & sundry)

Old 09-18-2010, 07:16 PM

Its probably a squiddy thing anyway - so bikes do not equal squids, but squids equal deuches

Old 09-18-2010, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by pacemaker
Quite the opposite, I find most bike riders to be fairly decent people. There are a few around with attitude that's for sure, but they would dick's whether they had bikes or not. Most of us are good people & I can tell that you're probably a decent person to (the fact that you have a 98 CBRF3 has nothing to do with my opinion

yeap; the dicks are dicks before and after a bike. Sadly, the bike does feed their dicky side.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:01 PM

Agree with jpanside. Dicks are made dickier after a bike :[

Where I work, there are a few people who have bikes. Some were very helpful to me, as I am a new rider. One guy I talked to though said basically "Oh you're getting a cbr. Yeah I just don't see the point in those little plastic toys. Totally useless. I have a harley. That's a real bike."

I was polite and being interested in motorcycles in general, we went out on break i went to see his bike with him. He stands there, infront of all the people coming to and from lunch in the parking lot, and rants about how the sportbike next to his harley is crap compared to his "american cruiser real bike". Biggest f'ing ego. Nice guy when he's not talking about bikes though.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:14 PM

ive noticed that the guys with bike but barely ride, only modify just to say they have it are the *********. the ones that hangout at shops are tools. you meet riders out on the open road somewhere either at a rest stop or whatever and they are cool as can be reguardless of what type of bike they ride.

and heres the kicker, ive noticed that at the dealerships and shops they all talk about there bikes like said post above me. but the "employee parking lot" only ever has cages taking up the spaces.

buy a bike to ride. not to stand next to it looking and act like a tool.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:52 PM

haha - you know I never thought of that but yeah, when I go to those shops there were maybe 3 or 4 bikes and a shop full of people. Thats awesome.

My buddy rides a custom harley *something*. Giant guy, bald head, gotee, sleeve tats...fits the profile but damn nice. He's the one ripping into my bike to do all the maintenance you could possibly do before he moves out of town.

Its nice to find the exceptions.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Present company excluded of course..well except for that ONE guy on here....j/k
That's it freakster , I'm on a jet in the morning to coming to see ya and I'm bringing
the big hairy Guys with the bandanas too since you connected with them so well

Wicked Funny RANT man LOL

Old 09-18-2010, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
That's it freakster , I'm on a jet in the morning to coming to see ya and I'm bringing
the big hairy Guys with the bandanas too since you connected with them so well

Wicked Funny RANT man LOL
Road trip Sprock, well set him straight. and ya I brought my f4i into the shop the other day and no bikes around just cages, the as I talked to the maintenance crew the floor guy kept trying to sell me a brand new CBR 1000 RR like I could afford it (I'm 19).

Old 09-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must be a east coast thing. Out here most everybody on a bike is a decent person. I've been in bike shops all through Montana, Idaho and Washington and have never found the kind of treatment you describe. There have been a few that have mentioned a person my age should be riding a Harley or a Wing, but most just want to talk about the CBR. Or bikes in general. Or touring. Whatever.

But that's Montana and surrounding states, where very few riders would qualify as a douche.

Quick Reply: Where is the rule that sportbike = deuche