Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Where ohh where?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where ohh where?!

did Schiraf4i go......Well im back biotches.. i got fired from my job, "albertsons" and got hired at Compusa, and i love it...gotta love fixing computers. Anyways i know ya'll missed me so i shouldnt even have to ask... Got my Pirellis Corsa III in the mail a few days ago and im getting them put on this week myself things are finally looking up. WOO

btw im in my class on the school computers with vista BOOOO ive seen so many computers with vista on them outta the box and they sucks... no offence to anyone.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Where ohh where?!

You were gone?

I don't know man, I have been using vista for close to a year now and I like it. It does take some getting used to and there is a learning curve, but once you open up to it it is much better. What version are you using? How much are they paying you over there now? Im always looking for a second job.

oh yeahs, what in the fack did you do to get fired from albertons?

Old 08-20-2007, 06:28 PM

Vista isnt very good yet. The drivers are no where near to as perfect as XP drivers are...especially when it comes to video cards. I was thinking of running XP pro on my second hard drive to play games. it should run much smoother. Another thing about vista is the amount of necessary processes, its just stupid. XP is a better shot for better performance as of now. cant wait for companies to rethink their drivers.

maybe ill run linux??

anyways, back from the bla bla bla...
congrats on the job, i would love doing that. Im a partial IT guy at work.(kinda got drafted, i am an intern, but we had a lightening storm and had to run new lines, replace 3 ethernet switches, fix fried computers...etc...) yea it was fun...

Old 08-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Registered Users

ehhh...i like vista....what's up schira....i noticed you haven't been posting lately....

oh and sorry about the compusa thing...i use to work there...then i did the bestbuy thing...even worse....then i did the Network/System admin thing for three years...so i went to law school...haha...

Old 08-20-2007, 07:33 PM

I like Vistas...with Windows classic menus and toolbars. Vistas is slow and annoying if you stay on the desktop/explorer alot. Those features can be turned off though ... the expanding tree list in explorer, etc.

Vistas is one fast ****<bike>though for detecting networks, wireless, etc.

Although a b*tch when it comes to ownership security properties, 100x more of a b*tch than Netware I think. They also added a ton of crap useless properties to EVERY files too, should of saved all that junk for Vistas Professional and not put them on Home Editions.

Ran Vistas since Beta B, Beta Release Candidate 2, Vistas Home Edition Premium (2).

Love / Hate relationship.

WB btw.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:28 PM

used to have vista and xp,,,now im running Crystal Xp...Mods Xp.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:42 PM

i dont care what OS is installed. As long I have putty, navicat, and ftp i can administer my website, a browser for internet, and open office. i have vista on one of the new systems. I dont care for all the features, but at least there is a company that is moving in the right directions and trying to increase computing power for the masses.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:11 PM

One problem with Star Office and Open Office is that they are still only "About" 80% compatible wiith MS Office.

I suggest using Microsoft Office Viewers to .........View and Print........ MS Office documents, whether it be xls, dbs, ppt, or doc.

It's FREE. search on www.microsoft.com search for office VIEWERS.

As a mmo gamer Windows OS is 99% important. As for viewing graphics the new built in graphics viewer on Vistas is superb.....easier to deal with than Photoshop CS and is better than apps like ACDSee @ acdsee.com otherFREE OPEN source viewer that is as great or betteris XnView.

2ndand 3rd party applications will boot you out of their program or lock up if you have a big folder. Example over 100,000 different formats of Chic Pics in sub folders under one folder that you need to view 2nd and 3rd party apps will have problems loading that folder into memoryto cache, etc, too big.

Aye if you use the pc for nothing more than Administration purposes or web productions, hell FREE linux's are fine.

Sun Solaris UNIX is FREE now btw.

www.tigerdirect.comsupercheap...most times.

I got a Red Hat system and a Ubuntu Linux system,too much work transferring and backing up back and forth between XP, Vistas, to and from Linux not including too many passwords and login names. I use only my 2 Vistas and 1 Win 2003Server pc now.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

You were gone?

I don't know man, I have been using vista for close to a year now and I like it. It does take some getting used to and there is a learning curve, but once you open up to it it is much better. What version are you using? How much are they paying you over there now? Im always looking for a second job.

oh yeahs, what in the fack did you do to get fired from albertons?
yea i want to know also!! ive heard worse though. a friend of mine got fired from dollar general for going to sleep WHILE checking someone out. lol
plz do tell about albertsons

Old 08-21-2007, 09:00 PM

I got Vista Ultimate !!!! It's in it's box beside my computer unopened. I have a 64-bit sytem and am running xp 64-bit. It's fast, but sucks for drivers. Went to walmart and bought a cheap-o hp printer from walmart, yeah no drivers for it. Had to hook it to my old machine and share it across my network. I tried using linux (fedora 6.0) Once again no 64-bit drivers. That and i play GUILDWARS online which doesn't run well on linux. Figure this winter i will surf tiger and newegg for a good barebones system with a crap load of ram to use with vista. First and foremost i got to get a new processor. I am running a pentuim D 830 which when put under a load runs way to hot. Going to shoot for a core 2 duo low end model. I didn't realize so many geeks road bikes. I got the degree just never have switched into that job field.