Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

When your buddy hits your killswitch while on the highway

Old 06-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When your buddy hits your killswitch while on the highway

I have a strange relationship with some local stunters I sometimes ride with. They ride like bats out of hell on all kinds of short trips we take- waaay too fast for me, but they dragged me to some track days and I have no problem handing their *** to them on a closed course. The other day we were on a 2 lane highway, medium traffic, going about 15 over, when one rides up to me on my right side, reached over and hits my red killswitch

This was a new experience for me. I spent the first 1-2 seconds remembering I was on a highway with traffic behind me and had a dead motor. It took another second to realize what caused it and what I should do (grab the clutch, flip the switch, let the clutch out.) My stunting pal had shot ahead 50 yards and when I pulled up to him I swooped over so our clip ons were nearly touching. He refused to look over, so I reached over and gave him a great big shove on his shoulder. Even though I have no personal use for stunting, and am much older than these guys, it sometimes feels like I am being treated to initiation rights into their version of 'friends'. I didnt mind.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:19 PM

He hits your killswitch then you give him a shoulder shove?

Meh - i'm not one to preach about safety really, but that sort of shenanigans with traffic around just sounds like a bad idea.

On a side note, I once hit my own kill switch on my F4i and couldn't figure out what the hell I did and why my bike "died" for about 15 seconds on a pretty busy road. Was not fun.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What you should have done is reached over and grabbed his key real quick and waved bye bye. Then gone down the road for a few mins and turne around to give it back. That would have made him worry. lol

Old 06-05-2011, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
What you should have done is reached over and grabbed his key real quick and waved bye bye. Then gone down the road for a few mins and turne around to give it back. That would have made him worry. lol
+1..

Or at a stop light grab his key and throw it in the median.. works everytime!

Old 06-05-2011, 06:31 AM

All I know is I would have been PISSED if you clowns were doing that **** in front of me while I was driving my car/truck - if you went down and I nailed you I WOULD BE THE ONE THAT GETS SUED.

It sounds like you're smart enough to do your fast driving on the track - why not do your stupid *** schenanigans there as well?

Old 06-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That happened to me back in the day. I was so pissed it almost turned out to be like road rash on Sega's old video game. None of that **** needs to happen on the highway.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone who does that to me is not my "buddy", and we will not be riding together again.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never knew it was a "buddy" thing. Slapping a killswitch is what some bike clubs do to let you know to get the **** off their streets.

We'd be having a "talk" after someone pulled some chit like that on me

Old 06-05-2011, 09:57 AM

Yeah its a complicated relationship I have with this same stunter dude who hit my switch. Our relationship is mainly on the track (because I dont get into fast street riding like they do.) But on the track me and him have had the most intense battle ever. Only racers or track day people know what its like to suddenly find yourself in a back and forth brawl with another bike for position. Even a few corners worth gets your attention, but me and this guy went at it for a whole session. It was and still is the most hardcore track memory I have. We even got stopped by the track boss as we exited the course about our 'aggressive riding', man it was a gas. So it was this same guy who hit my switch. There was a backstory.

If I didnt know the person who did it, OR if it was something like a constant 'game' these guys played with each other then that would be entirely different. It was just a one time, spur of the moment thing. And to be 100% honest: I once went around this same guy on a corner at the track and bumped his shoulder with my shoulder ..again, not something I would ever do to ANY other guy, but as a spur of the moment thing I couldnt resist. Facking stunter friends thinking they know everything about riding! We play rough

Last edited by motorcycle5; 06-05-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:31 AM

If you're older, one would think you would just make the mature decision and stay the **** away from idiots like this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: When your buddy hits your killswitch while on the highway