Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

When do you ride?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When do you ride?

This is the very first poll I am trying to prepare...

When do you ride? Check all applies.

And here is my other question for winter people: what kind of clothing do you prefer? Is there anything really comfortable and will keep me warm in cold weather? All suggestions r welcome!

Old 10-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: When do you ride?

I ride as much as I can to where ever I want or need to go. Unless its raining or grocery shopping.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

I ride as much as I can to where ever I want or need to go. Unless its raining or grocery shopping.
+1... same here, I checked them all [sm=smiley36.gif] Down here in SoFla, fall and winter are the real 'riding seasons' because the weather is so much nicer. Alot of people won't ride much during the summer cuz it's just too hot and humid, especially all geared up (and in our group, we all wear gear... all times).

People at work think I'm a nut job cuz I ride in the rain and everything. My asst manager at work gave me the "you're definitely not right...." look the other day, lol. It was raining most of the day (like it has been for the last 2 weeks or so), and she says to me yesterday... "it's pouring down rain, and you have a perfectly good running car to drive, and you still ride your bike to work... wtf??". People that don't ride just don't understand hahahah

Old 10-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i live in cali so its pretty much year round riding here

Old 10-03-2007, 12:07 AM

OMG, don't even get me started...imagine you live in the mountains, in February, at 2 in the morning and it's 17 degrees (that's F, not C Pace), and you have the itch to ride. I've tried electric chaps (okay), electric gloves (better), but a neck warmer is awesome. It's not heated, but it slips over your bare neck between your collar and your helmet...mmmm. And also, if it's Christmas Eve, at night, and it's below freezing, and you have the itch to ride, maybe make your trip less than four hours...haha, no wonder I'm bonkers...

Old 10-03-2007, 12:23 AM

Just hit 34 C (94) to-day, with a paint peeler wind, and its only a month into Spring, into the wost drought 2nd year in a row, so riding is pretty much anytime. Glad I bought my summer weight jacket. Rode down to the beach today (5 minutes away) and burnt my eyes on the joggers & morning beach exercises. (God I love Australia). Seems crazy talking about it today, but gear for riding in winter is easy, one word, layers.
Start off with a good thermal top, shirt, jumper & leather, lot of people go with other kinds of jackets, but you can't beat it for warmth. This should keep you warm to. www.coastalwatch.com/templates/default.aspx

Old 10-03-2007, 12:29 AM

Wow, thanks Aussie, I miss the ocean so badly I can't even tell ya. Hmmmm...how to get down unda....

Old 10-03-2007, 01:02 AM

I ride my bike in jacket gloves and helmet everywhere. if i could id ride it to the kitchen to get food help i rode it to a store right next to where i work to get food. less than 200 yards away. And geared all the way up only to take it off 30 seconds later.....

Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 AM

Also get some windbreakers for your gloves while you ride you will be very thankful when winter hits and go with leather...

Old 10-03-2007, 01:11 AM

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

I ride my bike in jacket gloves and helmet everywhere. if i could id ride it to the kitchen to get food help i rode it to a store right next to where i work to get food. less than 200 yards away. And geared all the way up only to take it off 30 seconds later.....
yup if I leave the yard I got get on regardless. Its when you think you wont need it when sumtin will happen.

Quick Reply: When do you ride?