Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelies

How many of ya'll can do wheelies on ya'lls bikes??? Did ya'll take classes for it or where to taught by a friend?? and last question do you know of any schools in TEXAS that teach how to pop the bike???

Old 11-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wheelies

When I 1st started riding bikes, I found that two strokes & dirt bikes taught me a lot on popping mono's. and used to have a lot of fun doing them on my other bikes. I'm sure there would be somewhere there that you can get the practise in. I don't do them anymore cause
a) They cause $1000's of damage if you get it wrong and it only takes one time even if your good at it. b) They put a lot of stress on bike components. & c) I'm sick of making my physiotherapist a richer man.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

step 1. make sure youre not wearing a helment, and make sure your white tee is crisp, and your hair is good
step 2. find a local hang out spot for high school girls
step 3. make sure you are in FIRST GEAR.
step 4. pull the clutch in
step 5. bounce it off the rev limiter as you let the clutch out
step 6. learn to walk all over agian

Old 11-08-2006, 12:56 AM

Humm... I skipped steps 1-5 and went straight to 6... stupid knee surgery

Old 11-08-2006, 12:22 PM

I'm not gonna do it in my honda....Im gettting an F2 from a friend, im just gonna use it as a stunt bike. WEll anyways Thanks for the Advise...I'll keep step 1,2.3 in consideration ..

Old 11-08-2006, 01:06 PM

wheelie school?? lol

when i was younger, i had figured out how to wheelie any motorized vehicle i could get my hands on except the parent's cars. that was usually the first thing i would do when i would hop on someone's atv/dirtbike/scooter/......golf cart (with the help of some friends) lol. i CAN wheelie on my bike, but its pretty rare that i do, its way to expensive for that nonsense, lol.

it seems that wheelies are one of those things that when your a kid, you are supposed to learn about from your friends, like female anatomy and drinking games, lol
definetely dont try to learn on the street, its way to easy for you to get yourself into deep **** real quick and end up hurting (killing) yourself or someone else. go ahead and get yourself into a parking lot that way the only person you can hurt is yourself. be sure to wear your gear since wheelies arent the safest thing in the world, and just experiment. it takes a lot of practice and fiddling around with the throttle and clutch, but when you find the right combination of controls, it'll be second nature.

and jzhales was kidding about all of those steps too in case you dont know, lol

be careful.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:17 PM

riding wheelies is easy, just get used to how the bike feels and rides and just use the clutch and throttle and cover the rear brake.....easiest way is to get goin about 40mph in 2nd and pull the clutch and rev it up and slip the clutch...it will come right up....or if you feel safer, get on the highway at about 75 or 80mph and dump it into 2nd and DONT slip the cluth , just snap the throttle and HOLD ON

Old 11-08-2006, 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: NC CBR1K
....or if you feel safer, get on the highway at about 75 or 80mph and dump it into 2nd and DONT slip the cluth , just snap the throttle and HOLD ON
That sounds scary.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

step 1. make sure youre not wearing a helment, and make sure your white tee is crisp, and your hair is good
step 2. find a local hang out spot for high school girls
step 3. make sure you are in FIRST GEAR.
step 4. pull the clutch in
step 5. bounce it off the rev limiter as you let the clutch out
step 6. learn to walk all over agian
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
step 7. repeat steps 1-6!!!

[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 11-08-2006, 04:15 PM

where you at in TX man? and best bet for a school is your fellow riders that aren't total screw ups. I learned on powerwheelies in a big *** parking lot on my F3. just flip that wrist mang!

Quick Reply: Wheelies