Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wheelie Public Service Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheelie Public Service Announcement

Sorry to hear about your friend man! I hope that the doctors are wrong (they are at times) and he does walk again.

I personally have no interest in even attempting a wheelie. Sure, it's crossed my mind, but I have a wife and 2 year old son waiting for me at home. I'm not going to jeopardize that for a short lived thrill or the "cool factor" or whatever. That coupled with the fact that I'm still a new rider (since May) tells me that I don't have enough experience to even bother attmpting it anyway, even though I can do a wheelie on a bicycle.

I'd never seen it before until recently, but I've been getting the "wheelie sign" lately. I just shake my head "no". I'm sure they think I'm lame, but I'd rather be lame than injured or dead and not able to enjoy life with my family.

Those who do/can, good for you. It's just not for me.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:33 AM

ok we were talking safety with a new rider last night and I asked him one question that actually nailed it for him.
"if you had to choose between the two would you rather have Experience Or Common sense?" I don't know why people come to these forums read the posts about someone going down @ 120mph. or doing a wheelie that went horribly wrong. then only to turn around and make the same mistakes. come on people monkeys are smarter than that. hope your friend makes it through this man.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:55 AM

ORIGINAL: psycojester

I really don't like posting in topics like this but hopfully doctors are wrong and he has the will to walk again.
Best of luck for him.
Not to take the spotlight away from your buddy, i was talking to my buddy yesterday and he been trying to learn wheelies. what he heard from a coworker of his, i thought it was the stupiest thing i have ever heard from this guy. " If you ride by a car full with girls and they ask you to wheelies or motion to do one ,you don't want to look like a loser "
if you ride by a car full of hott chicks that give you the wheelie sign.....just give them the "flash me your ****" sign.....you dont wheelie, and they dont flash their ****.....if they DO flash you, thats just a bonus.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:24 PM

hahaha I'll have to keep that on in mind. Best of luck to your friend. He is in our prayers.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:29 PM

Any updates TK?

Old 08-23-2007, 06:42 PM

I must be really lame because my front tire has never come up. I have no interest in it. I hear you can oil starve, wreck forks, and break fairing fasteners if you manage to land it instead of crashing it. I'll just keep both wheels on the ground. Best wishes to your friend.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hope the doctors are wrong and he makes a full recovery.........it does happen, and hopefully this is one of those times.

as said before........he knew what he was getting into, had 4yrs experience....and full gear. im sure he was aware of the possible outocome.

like i said....i hope the doctors are wrong.

ride safe!

Old 08-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Any updates TK?

Yes and looks to be good news. Had to work all day but got upto see him after, he is consious (sp)has a broken left arm/wrist, broken bone in leg (dont recall what one) and his left knee is pretty messed up, torn acl,mcl etc. The good news is doc's got the swelling down around his spine today and said he now has some feeling to both of his legs (thank god).

Just to answer another ? that i saw, yes you can wheelie a busa, i did it on his earlier this year so he could see his bike wheelie.

Many thanks for all the well wishes, its always appreciated at a time like this. I was feelin pretty bad last nite about the whole situation, playing it over and over again, i know its not my fault, but i know its gonna take some time to shake that. Thanks again everyone.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad to hear that he's coming around and things are looking better, given the situation.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:15 PM

Your buddy is in my thoughts. I'm sure that you won't soon forget what happened, but hopefully you and him will be able to look back on it as a learning experience.

Quick Reply: Wheelie Public Service Announcement