Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Whats your score?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and i got points for the 2nd and 3rd to last ones...

Old 06-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Flicked a gum wrapper down one fine young ladies top once ...... got a smile for my
endeavors too. She had no problem with it , it seemed ,needless to say I was
slam dunk happy as all hell as well ....... but there ya go .......Fun is a hard thing to
accept sometimes

This poll is fun ! I can accept that.

Tomorrows objective ......smack a cyclist ....... hard

Old 06-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to admit I ride to the gym about once a month with shorts and a tshirt. No helmet no gloves. *hides* yeah believe me I know it's terrible and I'll be the first to call out people for not wearing gear but It's literally not even 1 light away from my house, Sometimes I jog there.
Thats no excuse but that's why I'm convincing myself to stop riding street.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:24 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Youve never been tempted to just stick your hand out and give em a good luck slap on there bottom?
Only if it was a cute gal in tight shorts but not because of how she was riding. Maybe more of a good luck caress. However, wishing them luck is not how I interpreted your poll question when you listed smacking a cyclist. I put it more in the same category as the radio DJ who suggested throwing used batteries at cyclists.

Anyway, I put more miles on my bicycles each year than I will on my CBR. I experience firsthand the lack of respect I get from cagers when I'm on my Trek or my CBR. I do not ride in the middle of the lane when I'm on my Trek but sometimes there is absolutely no shoulder on a section of road and there aren't many options.

As motorcyclists I would think that most of us would be more aware of the lack of respect we get from trucks and cagers in general on the road and that we wouldn't further contribute to this problem by directing it toward other vehicles we encounter while riding.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
I have to admit I ride to the gym about once a month with shorts and a tshirt.
That reminds me of something I read in the Reader's Digest. It went something like, "Only in America will you find people who get in their car and drive a mile to the local fitness center and pay to exercise."

Old 06-05-2010, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff

Anyway, I put more miles on my bicycles each year than I will on my CBR.
sometimes there is absolutely no shoulder on a section of road and there aren't many options.
As motorcyclists I would think that most of us would be more aware of the lack of respect we get from trucks and cagers in general on the road and that we wouldn't further contribute to this problem by directing it toward other vehicles we encounter while riding
Dont admit that. Shame on you. lol

You shouldnt be cycling there then.

Yes im aware of the lack of respect we get from cagers but when im on a motorcycle i get much more respect for doing the speed limit and keeping with the flow of traffic. Atleast more than the guy wearing short super tight spandex while doing 15mph in the middle of a lane with traffic behind him. Even if they arent in the middle of the lane and they are on the far right side of the lane a car has to slow down and move out of the way to pass them. There are roads that are meant for pedstrians and roads that arent. A bicycle is not a vehicle and should not be allowed to ride in traffic. Just my 2/5ths of a nickel though.

Sprock
Tomorrows objective ......smack a cyclist ....... hard
I didnt think i would be making a to do list when i made this. Haha I hope you can get all but the bad ones. Unless they have already happened. I wonder who will get a ehh perfect 200? (confused face) lol

Last edited by CBRfenatic93; 06-05-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didnt think i would be making a to do list when i made this.
Yeah you did ..........don't BS us ! ......... lol

Well see I live in a vacation spot with awesome beaches and well frankly
I know quite a few hotties I can get away with doing it to ....so I suppose
I shoulda fessed that fact up first.........since I know it's very doable and
I'll get more smiles than F/off's

Anyway who's gotten the most points so far ?? and is there like a "squid"
threshold at like 185 or something ?

Old 06-05-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Sprock
Yeah you did ..........don't BS us ! ......... lol

Well see I live in a vacation spot with awesome beaches and well frankly
I know quite a few hotties I can get away with doing it to ....so I suppose
I shoulda fessed that fact up first.........since I know it's very doable and
I'll get more smiles than F/off's

Anyway who's gotten the most points so far ?? and is there like a "squid"
threshold at like 185 or something ?
LUCKY. lol as far as the threshold i dont think so. Haha Unless you want the squid lable. You have any ideas for the winner? haha

As for the top 5
SpiritRR -177
sprock -166
detdrbuzzard -162
ziggyman -148
maldy -144

Your in second. Get out there and smack em. lol

Old 06-05-2010, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
A bicycle is not a vehicle and should not be allowed to ride in traffic.
Sorry to pop your bubble but a bicycle is indeed a vehicle and has the same right to use the road as any other vehicle out there. Contact your local jurisdiction for an official rule if you'd like. The question has even been added to many state driver license exams.

You see, this is part of the problem. It seems that many non cyclists view bicycles as toys that should be confined to riding around in parking lots on Sundays. Many of us, including myself, use bicycles in our daily lives. I regularly pedal nearly 50 miles RT to work each day. Some of the roads I use do not have shoulders in certain sections but it's the only way to get to another area. I stop for all red lights, come to a rolling stop at stop signs (just like I see with the cagers) and of course there's no problem with me breaking the speed limit. Heck, I even hand signal my turns. A LOT of motorists don’t do that, from what I observe on a daily basis. I figure if I want to be treated like any other vehicle on the road I should obey the same laws that they are required to do. It usually works.

However, this is drifting off the topic. I still think you were implying violence against cyclists when your poll question mentioned smacking them and not a good luck pat on the back or something. Would you be okay with a cager reaching out their car window and smacking you on the back of your head or elsewhere as you were riding your CBR down the road?

Last edited by RoadiJeff; 06-05-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
I still think you were implying violence against cyclists when your poll question mentioned smacking them and not a good luck pat on the back or something. Would you be okay with a cager reaching out their car window and smacking you on the back of your head or elsewhere as you were riding your CBR down the road?
I was not implying violence against cyclists. If i was i would say hit or throw something at them. Instead everytime i see one im always tempted to stick my hand out and smack em on the butt. The key word in my question was TEMPTED which is implying you have thought about it. Im sure you have been TEMPTED before to do something but you didnt do it. You seem to be jumping on this question just because your also a cyclist. Anyways you seem to be the only one to have an issue with that question and i find myself questioning if your riding without a seat and thats why your so upset about it? Its just a question that you didnt have to answer. If you dont like it then dont respond to it. Its not that hard.

Quick Reply: Whats your score?