Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Whats an R6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 03:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. ninja

... end of story

sometimes i get wooaahh dude sweet cbr

Old 06-19-2011, 06:23 AM

I'm sick of idiots that ride 1000's and tell you that you should have got a 1000 as well when really they should be on a 250. At least that way they'd use what power the bike has to offer. Even a 600 would be too much bike for them. Anyone can wind it on in a straight line and think they're fast on a bigger bike. My superviser at work rides a ZX12 fighter with 185 rwhp and gives me **** about my 600. Whenever I ride home from work with him I cant believe how slow he corners.

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: language
Old 06-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pepperman
I'm sick of idiots that ride 1000's and tell you that you should have got a 1000 as well when really they should be on a 250. At least that way they'd use what power the bike has to offer. Even a 600 would be too much bike for them. Anyone can wind it on in a straight line and think they're fast on a bigger bike. My superviser at work rides a ZX12 fighter with 185 rwhp and gives me **** about my 600. Whenever I ride home from work with him I cant believe how slow he corners.
I'm fat and that's how I justify needing the torque. I've yet to meet anyone who actually rides who does that whole status thing with how big your motor is... I guess they do exist out there. My advice? Leave him in the dust around every corner and the next time you see him say that they really should get a lighter bike.

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: fix quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by raylee
I'm fat and that's how I justify needing the torque. I've yet to meet anyone who actually rides who does that whole status thing with how big your motor is... I guess they do exist out there. My advice? Leave him in the dust around every corner and the next time you see him say that they really should get a lighter bike.
Totally understand the need for extra torque with bigger riders. I'm refering to people like my cousin who went from a CBR250RR straight to an '05 1000RR as soon as he got off restrictions here in Australia. He couldn't even ride his 250 to it's potential. Gotta admit though, he never claims to be the best rider out there but he does get smart about me being on a 600. I just cant stand the younger guys that get cocky, that's all.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Originally Posted by justasquid
Ninja,
Gsxr,
CBR
R6/R1

Anyone I have ever talked to that are not familiar with bikes will ask.... what kind of bike do you ride? A Harley or a Ninja.

Ninja, best known among the unknowing.....(most of the population)
Gsxr, best known among the wannabes that don't ride,
CBR best known among those that know and actually ride,
R6/R1 best known among those that just want something different.
I can't believe anyone would say this!!!! None of the above is remotely true. I know a little,I work at 2 wheel custom performance and I will ride any bike besides a busa!!!

You can't merry a brand because you are more.comfortable on a Honda doesn't mean its best for the guy next to you. I traded my cbr in for a suzuki sv 1000 and its by far way better forbmy intended use and more comfortable. This thread is a joke and very misleading to new riders in the community!!!

Old 06-19-2011, 09:12 PM

chill out man, i never said any of this was true, just asked if anyone agrees... no need to call my thread a joke ...

Old 06-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Correction just thatvpost! Read it earlier and it fired me up... just read the whole thread. Im going to a R6 or gsxr 600 for my next bike. Love Honda and what they stand for but as a track only rider it not what's best for me.

What are all you doing on here anyway? Shouldn't you.be out.riding :-)

Old 06-19-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by LJ Harp
Correction just thatvpost! Read it earlier and it fired me up... just read the whole thread. Im going to a R6 or gsxr 600 for my next bike. Love Honda and what they stand for but as a track only rider it not what's best for me.

What are all you doing on here anyway? Shouldn't you.be out.riding :-)
i actually love the r6, fav bike and i agree it should be a good track bike. and im stuck at work anyhow haha

Old 06-20-2011, 02:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had a girl ask me today what kind of bike i had and i said a cbr and got a blank stare and i was just like dooyyyyy whyd i say that and said honda instead and that cleared it right up. None of it ever means anything. Maybe its a girl/person that knows nothing but just has a buddy/relative/once saw a cbr, gixxer, yamaha, or kawi and thats the only thing they know of. Ill agree that in general ninja is the most well known but otherwise anything about engine size or model is all relative.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:56 AM

I tell them I ride a 6 dirty 6 and they just give me wtf stares :P

Quick Reply: Whats an R6?