Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What are you doing to your bike this winter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What are you doing to your bike this winter?

My 51's not getting any younger. Even though I keep saying I'm not going to put any more money in her.......................the wheels are coming off and they're getting powder coated white.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:49 PM

ORIGINAL: jackalo626

MY 1000 is pretty much the way I like it but the F2 is getting the streetfighter touch loose front fairings lower and upper and put two round headlights up front black out various parts possible cage wheels are white but need to do something on color not sure what need new turn signals as the stockers are built in fairings. Sprocket is bigger but not sure if I want to go up anymore.Other minor things to it but nothing else drastic. Oh yeah I almost forgot the 1000 is getting Galfer pads and lines. Gear Gear Gear I lve getting new helmets and gloves jackets etc. I am a helmet *****.
f3 racer has a pretty sweet looking f3 stfighter.

i need to buy a new helmet this year. im going to get a sparx helmet and use it just for the track so when i crash they will send me a new one and that way i crash with a 140 dollar helmet as opposed to my 400 lucky helmet.... my bike is fine, only thing i want to do to it is get diff signals and front end swap than with the other front end get sum ferodos and ss lines... my bikes got a buncha scratches on it from the guy i bought it from crashing but thats not really important to me. im hoping to b able to turn it into track bike only in a yr or so once finaces with house im planning on buying are good. than ill just pick up a clean 07 or 08 and keep it pretty simple.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:56 PM

ORIGINAL: 99LS1

Wow, I dont think I would be able to handle a better response, lol my bike stops pretty dang quick and hard. I couldn't imagine a better stop lol.
its more for keeping your brakes from getting "mushy" at the track after about 8 laps of so i feel my brakes getting to be a lil less grabby and i know if i didnt have the lines on there they would be a lil less consistent, ussaly when i go to the track it is hot! o man its gonna be weird going to the track with a diff bike argh. and i was getting better too thanks for bringing this up now i am going to worry all night about having a bike with a crappy front end and brakes... thanks all u a holes who brought this up. sleep tight knowing i cant... *gives middle finger and walks away from computer*

Old 02-06-2009, 01:58 AM

Here's the plans for my 04 CBR 600 F4I. Got just about everything ordered last night. Still need to save up a few more bucks for the front tire and the power commander. Can't wait till everything gets here so i can get started.

New Tires: Pirelli Diablo Corsa III. Already got the back one just need to order the front.
Coolant Flush: Engine Ice - Ordered
Oil Change: K&N Filter and Silkolene 4T Pro-4 Race 10w40- Ordered
Factory Pro Evo Shift Star Kit- Ordered
K&N Air Filter- Ordered
New Cooling Fan- Ordered
New Stator Cover- Ordered
Brakes Front and Back- Ordered
Fuel Pressure Regulator- Ordered
Vortex Frame Sliders- Ordered
Power Commander- Waiting till pay day.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:23 PM

No one ever does suspension mods. Screw the power commanders, air filters, and exhaust. Give me some ohlins shocks and a profession suspension setup over that any day.