Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What you do when people mess with your bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What you do when people mess with your bike

Nice long story. I wouldn't take it well if people messed with my bike either.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:04 PM

WOW..those are some tales...ive never had anyone mess with my bike ever...and i ride with Harley guys all the time...now try being the only Honda in a grp of customs and Nightrains and what not...i get a lil uneasy at each stop but when we take out again they know they cant run from me.Im sure ill eat my words one day ..but ive never had anyone really cause any undue harm...so i dont know what id do..

Old 03-27-2007, 01:52 PM

It would depend on the circumstances. I am a high stress individual so I probably would flip. but I have been known to surprise myself once in a while. I agree its like sitting in some strangers car.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:10 PM

Ive came out to see people looking at it but never on or touching it. I take my helmet with me where ever I go unless Im at work. Most of the people that work there ride so I dont have to worry about some idiot messing with it. But I would have to say if I did catch someone messing with my bike I would get very pissed. Then Id flip out at the person and probbaly get my *** kicked (Im not the biggest person in the world). But hey, At least Iwould standmy ground.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:13 PM

Ha ha! A couple years ago I had a Valkyrie cruiser and I slways park right outside my office window.

So one day the guy in the office next to me yells over there is a homeless dude checking out my bike. I spin around and watch him and am ready to bolt out the door if needed. So we watch him and we realize he's talking to the bike![sm=wtf.gif]

He's even kneeling down and looks like he might be praying to it! We watch him for a while and he doesn't do anything and finally moves on. I never saw him again, but that was one weird show!

Old 03-27-2007, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Strange coincidence...

Yesterday I pull into the lot to get ready to go home, walk right past my bike. I always look at it as I go by, and I did this time too. Didn't notice anything unusual.

While I was getting equipment out of my locker for todays work, my buddy (who rides a nice F4), told me, "hey man, your front tire is low."

I look at him in the most evil way, like, "mother******, you better be ******* kidding." I walked outside, kicked my tire and it was flat. I just had brand new rubber mounted about two weeks ago - I watch where I ride, I KNOW there isn't anything in my tires - I know some ******* let the air out.

I go back inside heated, making sure everyone in line to clock out know I was not a happy camper. I can take a joke - but for some reason, I wasn't happy. I know whoever did it only meant it as a joke, and I have to believe that they wouldn't have let me try to ride off with it that way.

Long story short, I asked the warehouse manager (whom I didn't realize was my supervisor even though I don't work directly under him) to unlock the warehouse so I could use the compressor. He looked at me and said, "30 seconds till clock out, if you can't get it aired up before 5 you're beat." He then punched the clock and started walking out the door.

I, in a crowded room, being the new guy (3 weeks), said, "hey, if you wanna act like a bitch hang out in that parking lot and I'll smack you upside your head like a bitch.No ones tryingbe your friend *****, I just need some air." He looked at me, turned around and walked out.

The room was silent. At this point I still had no idea I just called out a supervisor. My immediate supervisor called him worthless and opened the warehouse for me. Then he told me to expect to be called in the GM's office this morning because I just confronted a supervisor. He told me not to worry about it since he was saw the whole thing - but to expect that I will be told not to do that again.

So as I go to work this morning I feel good that I highly doubt another soul at that place will ever touch my bike again without asking first. Worse part is...

I think it was my buddy with the F4 who did it - I just don't think he realized how pissed I was gonna get. He still hasn't fessed up to it and I don't expect him to. All I know is even when he told me it was low, I walked outside and still couldn't tell until I kicked the tire. So I asked him, "do you have a habit of kicking tires on bikes or can you just tell psi by looking at it?"

After it was all said and done I was more pissed at that bitch Tim whom I would still like to put a knot on his head. Everyone told me, "man, don't get worked up, that's just Timmy." I said, if you guys wanna put up with a bitch, that's your thing, I'm not gonna do it. I like my job - but I refuse to get even the most simplistic form of respect tossed out the window because, "that's just Timmy." Timmy's gonna get a cracked head, I can see it now. I don't deal well with bitches.

So I guess, in answer to your question. I don't do well when people mess with my bike. This was the first time anyone ever had.
that's some funny ****... my supervisor is my friend, so i dont take crap from him and he doesn't take crap from me. a mutual working environment.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

He's even kneeling down and looks like he might be praying to it!
Yeah that's right worship the bike.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

Ha ha! A couple years ago I had a Valkyrie cruiser and I slways park right outside my office window.

So one day the guy in the office next to me yells over there is a homeless dude checking out my bike. I spin around and watch him and am ready to bolt out the door if needed. So we watch him and we realize he's talking to the bike![sm=wtf.gif]

He's even kneeling down and looks like he might be praying to it! We watch him for a while and he doesn't do anything and finally moves on. I never saw him again, but that was one weird show!
LMAO i lovehomeless drunks

Old 03-27-2007, 03:44 PM

Alright, not motorcycles, but bicycles-------------------------------------------------------------
I've been working at the bike shop since my 17th birthday. Over the 6 years I've seen countlessemployees come and go. However, one of our employees had the odasity to tell me (when I was about 18) all the pranks we could do to people's bike that are ********.

Some of our antics we pulled:
1. Remove valve core from tube,and fill tube with water. This added weight is a B*ITCH when trying to pedal a bike up hill. (Rolling resistance)
2. Put tuna down a guysseatpost...I never saw him again- as we shipped his bike back to him in Florida. However, I'm sure the stench from the heat and humity killed him. It was under his nose the whole time.Either that, or he had a bunch of ***** following him around (***** cats that is).
3. Another one waswe put a tiny pebel in this guy's bike frame that he bought from the internet. He came in to our shop, used us for our knowledge, and then went and bought the same bike we were going to sell him because he didn't have to pay tax.He then had the nerve to bring it into us to build it, so his warranty would be valid. So, ever time he'd ride it he'd hear "dink...dink...dink..." We told him it was probably aspark from the manufacturer's weld, andif he would've bought the bike from us we would havereplaced his noisy frame for a quiet one.

Anyway, we never messed with a bicycle in a way that would get anyone hurt...just annoy the **** out of them!

Old 03-27-2007, 05:20 PM

freakin bums.... wish i had a good story with 'em!

usually if someone is checking out the bike i don't mind, unless they start touching. but usually it's only kids that want to touch adn then their parents deal with it. ive only had troubles where some tough-guy wannabe was threatening to mess my bike up so i broke his nose when he rushed me and my bike. i was pissed, he dirtied up my knuckled gloves and jacket a bit.
but seriously, it's one of those respect and get respected things and if someone wants to be stupid a million and one bad things will happen to them. you can even take the high road (bad pun?) and let them do whatever and call the cops.... unless they're a bum, then you know they're too poor to fix anything.

$.02

Quick Reply: What you do when people mess with your bike