Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What you do when people mess with your bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What you do when people mess with your bike

Just curious if any of you have had a situation where someone messed with your bike. I only know of a situation with a friends bike where someone poored soda all over it. Anyone ever see someone touching your bike or sitting on it. I saw a guy yelling at a woman because she walked passed and her purse hit the bike. She was on a cell phone and the guy was yelling at her. Saw the whole thing and all she could say was its just a stupid motorcycle. What do you do when someone messes with your ride?

Old 03-27-2007, 03:38 AM
Default RE: What you do when people mess with your bike

usuallymy alarm goes off if someone even breathes close to my bike... And im running to it whereever i am, No run ins yet with some punk that wants to die..

Old 03-27-2007, 03:49 AM

Do you start throwing fists or anything. You can certainly yell and make threats but when you see someone messing with your bike and your verbal warnings and lashings go with no care. Is it time to throw down and would you? What if there are more than one of them. What if you do throw down and then tell the cop they were messing with my bike. What s the best way to handle the situation. Its spring break here in florida asis in many other places. Try to ride down the strip? Ever had drunken fools run around your bike, maybe give you a slap while running around to cross the street. Can't chase then down, traffic is too heavy and by the time you turn they are long gone into some condo or beach. Any situations where some **** head is messing with your property and they have no respect and just have a don't care attitude.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:52 AM

It really depends if they touch or about to vandalize. Most of the time i throw on the helmet before i get to them and hop on like no one is there and ride into the night...

Old 03-27-2007, 04:02 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

my brother was getting gas one day and he came out from getting his change and this homeless person was near his bike and looking @ really close , my brother asked him to move away please. the guy does and walks away my brother starts getting ready and just about has his helmet all the way on when he hears this running and turns around with his helmet and the homeless bum is rushing @ him with a sharp piece of something so my brother takes his helmet and swings @ the guy and he backs up looks at my brother again and says , " you got any chnage !" my brother yells at the bum to get the **** away or he is calling the cops. the guy leaves and my brother rides away. he calls me right after it happened and it was funny because he said "Robert, youll never believe it but i almost had to beat this freakin bums ***!!" lol

Old 03-27-2007, 04:06 AM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] Lol that one had me laughing for a bit..

Sharp pieces of anything never good

Old 03-27-2007, 05:39 AM

It is almost worth someone messing with your ride, if you catch em do it. I once caught a 16yr/old punk pop a BB through my driver-side window in my car. I beat his ***. He was only 16 but I was gona kill him LOL. My friends pulled me off him. Bottom line, if someone does some real jack *** thing to your ride and you dont do anything about it, he could do it to your friends or anyone elses. Always teach these punks a lesson.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw some dude around my age looking at it, so I didin't think anything of it. I looked back around, and the dude it sitting on it and the kickstand is up! I walked over and put the kickstand down (while he was still on it) and told him to get off my bike (in the nicest way I could be, given the circumstances). He gets off and then gets in my face shouting stuff like "WTF's you're problem man!". So, I immediately get "pissed-off-rage" and shoved him HARD and he hits the ground HARD. His buddy standing next to him starts telling him that they should get out of there. I stared them down as they left........and then parked the bike inside the building.

Haven't had a problem since.

I see it like this...........I don't go around sitting in other peoples' cars whenever I feel like it, so I don't put up with them sitting on my bike.....ever.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I saw some dude around my age looking at it, so I didin't think anything of it. I looked back around, and the dude it sitting on it and the kickstand is up! I walked over and put the kickstand down (while he was still on it) and told him to get off my bike (in the nicest way I could be, given the circumstances). He gets off and then gets in my face shouting stuff like "WTF's you're problem man!". So, I immediately get "pissed-off-rage" and shoved him HARD and he hits the ground HARD. His buddy standing next to him starts telling him that they should get out of there. I stared them down as they left........and then parked the bike inside the building.

Haven't had a problem since.

I see it like this...........I don't go around sitting in other peoples' cars whenever I feel like it, so I don't put up with them sitting on my bike.....ever.
I have no idea why people do such stupid things. Then I look at Britney Spears and I find all the answers.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Banned

Strange coincidence...

Yesterday I pull into the lot to get ready to go home, walk right past my bike. I always look at it as I go by, and I did this time too. Didn't notice anything unusual.

While I was getting equipment out of my locker for todays work, my buddy (who rides a nice F4), told me, "hey man, your front tire is low."

I look at him in the most evil way, like, "mother******, you better be ******* kidding." I walked outside, kicked my tire and it was flat. I just had brand new rubber mounted about two weeks ago - I watch where I ride, I KNOW there isn't anything in my tires - I know some ******* let the air out.

I go back inside heated, making sure everyone in line to clock out know I was not a happy camper. I can take a joke - but for some reason, I wasn't happy. I know whoever did it only meant it as a joke, and I have to believe that they wouldn't have let me try to ride off with it that way.

Long story short, I asked the warehouse manager (whom I didn't realize was my supervisor even though I don't work directly under him) to unlock the warehouse so I could use the compressor. He looked at me and said, "30 seconds till clock out, if you can't get it aired up before 5 you're beat." He then punched the clock and started walking out the door.

I, in a crowded room, being the new guy (3 weeks), said, "hey, if you wanna act like a bitch hang out in that parking lot and I'll smack you upside your head like a bitch.No ones tryingbe your friend *****, I just need some air." He looked at me, turned around and walked out.

The room was silent. At this point I still had no idea I just called out a supervisor. My immediate supervisor called him worthless and opened the warehouse for me. Then he told me to expect to be called in the GM's office this morning because I just confronted a supervisor. He told me not to worry about it since he was saw the whole thing - but to expect that I will be told not to do that again.

So as I go to work this morning I feel good that I highly doubt another soul at that place will ever touch my bike again without asking first. Worse part is...

I think it was my buddy with the F4 who did it - I just don't think he realized how pissed I was gonna get. He still hasn't fessed up to it and I don't expect him to. All I know is even when he told me it was low, I walked outside and still couldn't tell until I kicked the tire. So I asked him, "do you have a habit of kicking tires on bikes or can you just tell psi by looking at it?"

After it was all said and done I was more pissed at that bitch Tim whom I would still like to put a knot on his head. Everyone told me, "man, don't get worked up, that's just Timmy." I said, if you guys wanna put up with a bitch, that's your thing, I'm not gonna do it. I like my job - but I refuse to get even the most simplistic form of respect tossed out the window because, "that's just Timmy." Timmy's gonna get a cracked head, I can see it now. I don't deal well with bitches.

So I guess, in answer to your question. I don't do well when people mess with my bike. This was the first time anyone ever had.

Quick Reply: What you do when people mess with your bike