Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what is wrong with r6 riders

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 02:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is wrong with r6 riders

i have been riding for about 4 years now and i have noticed r6 riders suck i have never had close calls with any other bikes. For example 2 weeks ago i was up in angeles crest forest doing about 100 in a curve and here is this dude half way in my lane on a blue and white bike did not seem like a big deal at the time but when we stopped my buddie informed me that his head and my head were mearly inches apart. Another time in little tujunga i went with a guy on an r6 the whole time he was about a 10 year rider claiming he races every weekend blah blah the whole time he is on the yellow line or in the on coming traffic lane. I was almost killed up there by another dumb *** on an r6 same deal as before he came in my lane i swereved the back tire on my bike broke loose and he went down. Has anyone else noticed this same thing or are they just gunning for me it only gets me pissed cause it gives every one on a bike a bad name cause we get grouped in with them let me know

Old 01-31-2006, 02:51 AM
Retired Mod
Default RE: what is wrong with r6 riders

i think your problem is with newbies. alot of the new riders in my area are drawn to r6's and gsxr600's for some reason. i guess they are supposed to be the "cool" bikes. so alot of the riders (atleast around here) are on these bikes. then they learn some skills, get some smarts, and buy a honda.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:52 AM

true that is what i figured everyone i know that rides gets on the winning team eventually

Old 01-31-2006, 04:34 AM

ACH is notorious for sacrificing virgins on the weekends

as much as I like it, its a lot better on the weekdays

Old 01-31-2006, 07:52 AM
Retired Administrator

I don't know if it's a big deal, but I saw a guy on a R6 the other day and he had a picture of you on your bike wood83. I think they're gunning for you. Good luck.

I don't think it has anything to do with the bikes... it's the rider. The gixxers and R6's seem more popular with the newbies and kids. So once they buy one and realize they don't know what the hell they are doing, or it scares the living hell out of them... they sell them cheap flooding the market. When I bought my 05 600RR the only used bikes I found in my area were gixxers. I could have bought a 05 with 200 miles on it for about 2 grand cheaper than my 600RR. Not an eBay deal, a local one that I looked at. The guy/kid was honest about when I asked him why he was selling. He said he was too afraid to ride in our local traffic, which is a bitch... but I'm sure most of you have worse.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:21 PM

R6's are "the" bike to have now so all the squids go out and buy them and have no clue how to ride.

The CBR's were "the" bike to have back in the mid 90's and the squids bought those too.

Personally I'm not a brand specific person. I don't ride to the limits of any bike for the suttle differences between the bikes to matter to me. I bought my CBR because it was an awesome deal and I liked the style. The thing that I like best about my bike is that it doesn't look like every other Blue and white R6 that you see every day.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:38 PM

I have been quite a few place outside the USA and my exprience is that Honda is first choice in many country than Yamaha and suzuki is at the bottom. The price are accordingly reflected Honda brand is the most expensive and than Yamaha, Kawasaki and suzuki.

Few months back when I was shopping for the bike I was getting more bike in Suzuki for the price I was paying for 600RR.

Thanks,

maakif

Old 01-31-2006, 09:14 PM

i dont know what it is about kids and gsxr but every kid that wants a bike thinks they are the best of the best. Their are 2 gsxr around my town and the kids are a$$ holes. Pull little wheelies through town in 1st gear until the bike relines. **** me off.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:35 PM

I was thinking the same thing about r6 riders. My neighbor has a 2005 r6 and wanted to race me on my 01 929. He claims he has been riding for ten years and he had a 98 900rr and says that his r6 was better. He kept talkin sh*t on my bike till I finally went out and raced him. We went on the turnpike and did about a 12 mile run. Long story short I had to wait for him at the exit. I told him he better get the 900rr back. Now he is getting a r1 this summer and says he wants a rematch.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:40 PM

yeah.. it's definitely the rider. i ride with a couple of r6's and they're cool... stay w/in their limits on the street and not show-offs.

Quick Reply: what is wrong with r6 riders