Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What The @#$% Is This World Coming To?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by james_hale2
Im part of that group(not the Hells Angels) its called the Patriot Guard Riders. theres alot of diff M/C members that perform this honor. its not a club just a group of MANY people. some in clubs, some not, and some don't even ride but they help up carry our flags and take tools and food ect. the protestors really HATE us! see there are state laws that define how far away protestors have to be(they shouldnt be allowed at all) and since the PGR are invited guests we just get 3 feet closer than they're allowed face our exhaust at them and drown them out. some people still think thats disrespectful to the decessed as well but the families like the sound of bike much better than that &*%$#^$*&%&**&%&^(^(*(*^^%$&&!!!!!
While I think those that protest are disrespectful and it is a shame that they do that, I don't believe that it should not be allowed. See, that is part of what makes us great. We are allowed to spout off our opinions no matter how "wrong" they are. It is exactly what those military folks have fought to protect. Which is the sad irony of the protesting. The whole reason they can protest is that poor soul died protecting that right.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:06 PM

yes and i dont want to get to far into it but if you wanna protest against "gays" in america then do it somewhere theres a homosexual. they only protest our(im in the military) funerals to atract more attention. and the most important point of mine.......the PGR doesn't stop them from expessing thier "rights" we just express ours alot louder and do it RESPECTFULLY.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:28 AM

I have a comment and a funny story about these guys. I think its crap i dont care what, who, why or how but you dont do that at funerals...Sorry, my grandmother passed away last year and i noted driving threw joliet ill. behind the hearse and the limos that people on the street were stopping, giving the cross on they're chest, taking off they're hats etc. I watched to cops on a traffic stop turn and bow they're heads, it felt great i would fully be in on getting with these patriot guard guys....That is respectful and the right thing to do in my opinion.

Now the protesters, as far as i'm concerned your not with us your against us, i grew up in a military town and most of my buddies are military, god bless dead soldiers etc, sickens me. Tuesday i was out running around after work and they had a thing going on the sidewalk next to a fairly busy street, when i passed em i'm like you've gotta be kidding me, and what hit was people actually honking and giving the thumbs up... WHAT?

So my journey took me back around that way, i drive a 02 cummins with alot of work done, put the chip on 5x5, slowed down in the right lane and proceeded to cloud that entire hunk of sidewalk with nasty black diesel
Generally i dont condone that type of thing, but i had to

Old 04-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sickening

I'm part of the Patriot Guard too, and fully stand by what they attempt to do.
I cannot fathom your Court ruling. I'm a Court Officer here in SA.
The right to free speech does not allow you to say whatever you like, particularly when denigrating the memory of a soldier, in time of war.
Surely you have laws which prevent people calling people personal and insulting names - it's like "hate speech" - is there no libel involved here, or even use of written media to spread untruths, never mind slander.
I believe that people have the right to say what they like, BUT,
NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHERS.
Prosecution of the Church is the least that they should face, I'd look at a "gag" order that prevents them from disrupting a peaceful meeting with their nonsense.
It isn't religion
It's BIGOTRY
It should have been stopped a long time ago, by whatever means is necessary.
I grieve with all the families who have had to face this verbal assault from such narrow-minded, perverted, zealots.
Would we even consider disrupting a funeral of one of their members ?- OF COURSE NOT - we're more civilised, and caring for the feelings of others.
The whole damned sect should be sent packing.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:52 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

A kid i went to school with died serving in Iraq

this same thing happened at his funeral yesterday..... same group and all they arent even from around here but traveled all the way here to protest

Last edited by __Z__; 09-03-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:57 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

for anyone who is interested in reading here is the article on him in one of the local papers

http://www.pjstar.com/news/tricounty...-fallen-Marine

Old 09-03-2010, 04:51 PM

I wish someone would knock the **** outta of one of these protesters. Can't really prosecute anyone when your not sure who hit ya.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shadow:
Now I'm not defending the actions of these nut jobs. Personally, I wish the cops that are inevitably at their protests would go for a donut break for a few minutes

But it's a really slippery ruling to make. I'm surprised the Supreme Court is hearing it. At stake here isn't just the right of these a$$holes to be a$$holes. But so is the KKK's, Black Panthers, Scientologists, Gay and Lesbian Task Force, PETA and any organization that wishes to protest. The ruling will have to be very carefully worded, very explicit in where the line is to protect the right to protest. And I'm guessing you know what happens when you make a ruling that explicit: you create loopholes

Hence the desire for anyone interested in enforcing laws like Assault to find a convenient distraction with some pastries. Another fun possibility would be to have an extremist homosexual organization go protest on the "church"'s home turf. A little turnabout ect ect

Old 09-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It makes me sick to think that if something were to happen to me overseas and these numb nuts came to my funeral that my wife would have to deal with them while dealing with a loss. That goes for every single person that have to deal with these people. Its sick and should be ended. Plain and simple.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:47 PM

Ok, this is definitely a slippery matter for anyone to put there 2 cents into.

I definitely think what these protesters are doing is immoral. However, being free to protest anything is one of the things that makes this country so great. I really think that the supreme court should refuse to hear the case. Instead, police should just "turn the other way" when a group of people go beat the **** out of the protesters. What they are doing is wrong, but I still want them to have the right to do it (if that makes any sense). They should even be able to do it freely. I just hope they are prepared to pay the consequences when **** hits the fan and someone finally gets fed up with it and physical with them.

However, their right to do so and ability to do so, SHOULD NOT be taken away. They just need to realize that they are stepping over some moral lines and someone is going to get physical with them.

Quick Reply: What The @#$% Is This World Coming To?????