Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What, Where, Why Gear! ***Graphic***

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What, Where, Why Gear! ***Graphic***

okay, well someone wanted me to post up some stories of people i know who've crashed. I guess i'll write my own and then link ya to others.

what/where/why gear!

Nick

this next one was the ride i put together. all three bikes (4 riders) went down within seconds of eachother, thankfully they are all doing well now, but one of them gave us a really bad scare. there are multiple stories from multiple people (some of which weren't even there, but you'll get the idea.

Evan, Rob, Marc, Tiffany

can also check out ride2die.com if you still aren't convinced that you should wear your gear even if it is 100 degrees out.

i had been riding a few months and was actually on my way back from dmv (went for test, they cancelled last min.) me and my hubby were riding together and got stopped at a red light. i looked over and saw him fussing w/ the strap to his helmet when the light turned green so we took the left and then i turned my signal and tried to take an immediate right into a parking lot (he didn't know i was gonna turn) i think i got nervous when i saw him in the corner of my eye still going straight and i dumped it, then he dumped his to keep from hitting me. (keep in mind we couldn't have been going more than 20-25mph) I went down on my left side, very minimal damage done to the bike (couple scratches), but the right foot peg went through my knee when my knee landed on top of it. it didn't hurt at first, i didn't even realize i was injured until i tried to get up and couldn't. i was just yelling for someone to shut off my bike and get it out of the road. when i tried to get up and was unable to move my leg i looked down and saw a large open wound and it looked like fat and stuff coming out of it, i freaked out and started yelling for my hubby to help me. luckily there was an rn at the gas station i was in front of and she had just purchased a new shirt for her son and grabbed it out of her car and put it on my leg to help slow the bleeding then my hubby and another guy helped me up (i didn't want to let them move me, i was afraid something was broken and didn't wanna make it worse, but they didn't want to leave me in the middle of a busy road, so after fighting w/ me for a few min. i agreed) when they picked me up a ton of blood started running down my leg, my sock and shoe were soaked with blood. they got me onto the grass and put pressure on my leg again. i had a guy call my brother (also and rn) to meet me at the hospital and my sister so she could call my parents who were in nh on vaca at the time. i had to get sewn up and spent over 6 weeks in a cast and many months in physical thearapy before i had full function of my knee again.

Guess what i was wearing....

a tank top, shorts, and a helmet.

Moral of this story...wear your gear!!! I could have saved myself a lot of pain by wearing jeans or riding pants.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:46 AM
Registered Users
Default RE: What, Where, Why Gear! ***Graphic***

Agreed. When I see folks riding around without gear, I always say those are the ones who haven't gone down...yet. First experience with that scrub brush getting the road rash out your skin and you'll wear gear no matter how hot it is. Good post.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:36 PM

added pix... ******WARNING****** graphic images below. didn't put to many, i thought a lot of them were to graphic to post, if you want to see the rest you can go to ride2die.com.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:14 PM

wow, i really didnt neeed to see that......

Old 09-03-2006, 02:20 PM

Some of those it looks like they were wearing gear and nothing was going to save them. Some of them also had to be going at stupid high speeds to have caused that much damage.

Old 09-03-2006, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

Some of those it looks like they were wearing gear and nothing was going to save them. Some of them also had to be going at stupid high speeds to have caused that much damage.

+1 on that. Gear just prevents road rash and might help joints from impact with armor.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!!
Needed to see that!!
Reallly something we cannot ignore and look the other way from.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guys always need to remember to gear up, but god damn, i didnt need to see this at 9AM, F$&K me.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:37 PM

WOW! Just this morning i saw some1 riding an R1 at an intersection wit jus shorts on and a t-shirt...but get this... he also was...ON A CELL PHONE!??! not to mention smoking aswell...he acutually rode away wit the phone to his ear holding it wit his clutch hand...i thought to myself at the time (wat an idiot...) yeah...now im online lookin for a new jacket n gloves...haha?[&:]...i gots a shoei but i think i might need more than jus a helm now...haha

Old 09-05-2006, 12:45 PM

I should show my mom these pictures. She already didn't want me to get a bike after these I bet she will try to take it away and sell it on me! haha

Mike

Quick Reply: What, Where, Why Gear! ***Graphic***