Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What a weird encounter with another CBR owner....

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a guy two nights ago ask me for gas money while I was in line at the drive thru window at Carls JR. I gave him three bucks I dont believe he was out of gas like he claimed but I was stuck in line and didnt want to get shanked or shot (I live in Stockton)

Old 05-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

if your getting gas, tell them your putting it on your card. if you want to give them gas, have them pull their car up and put a few bucks on a card. almost always, if you say card, theyre not interested and walk away.

if your anywhere else and they approach, i say "i saw you coming and was going to ask YOU for a few bucks, seems i didnt bring enough cash and i really need to get this or my wife will be mad." it always sends them packing.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:34 AM

Lol ya my friend used to do that its pretty funny I never think to do it at the time though

Old 05-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last time I tried to give someone some money who asked if they could "borrow" some he refused when he saw what I was going to give him. I was at a QT gas station and I made the mistake of asking this guy where he was headed. With a backpack and shabby clothing I figured he had some interesting tale to tell.

He ignored my inquiry and just asked me for money. I had probably $3 or more worth of quarters and other coins in my pocket and I started to give it all to him. When he saw that I wasn't reaching for the green stuff in my wallet he said he didn't want my change. He then said that if I couldn't afford to give him some money he could give me some.

He then pulled out a roll of currency that must have been over $100 worth and waved it in my face. We exchanged a few words, no one lost their temper and we both went on our way. That was about 5 years ago and it is the last time I've offered to give any stranger money.

I always laughed to myself when they ask if they can "borrow" some money. Are they going to mail it back to me in a month when they get their finances in order?

Old 05-24-2012, 03:50 AM

Jeff
Lets think long n hard about that concept.

YEAH RIGHT

Old 05-24-2012, 04:17 PM

I gave some change to a guy one time and he threw it...guess he didnt need it afterall

Old 05-25-2012, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by mike209
I had a guy two nights ago ask me for gas money while I was in line at the drive thru window at Carls JR. I gave him three bucks I dont believe he was out of gas like he claimed but I was stuck in line and didnt want to get shanked or shot (I live in Stockton)

Stockton? Yeah I can vouch for that one its crazy in this little city lol.
I always say I dont carry cash just my debit card and it never seems to fail

Old 05-25-2012, 02:46 PM

It was actually in lathrop but a guy asked me for change this morning in stockton at the 76 station on pershing and country club

Old 05-25-2012, 05:33 PM

i know which one your talking about lol the one on louise right? and yeah im so looking forward to leaving this city

Old 05-25-2012, 06:38 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think this issue is national wide. Many years ago, when I was in middle school, around town...we know this lady, her nickname was quarter lady. All she does all day, 7 days a week...is walk around town and ask every person she see for a quarter. I would see her in the morning, then late night coming home I would see her walking on the streets....she would wear same clothing and it was a red sweater....for many years.....I would say 7 years if not 10. We used to kid around about her....

Then one day, she disappear????? Weeks, months, a year later? We would mention about her? Where the neck she gone??!

One day, i swear I saw her in a brand new Beemer...driving around town....seriously! I swear it was the same lady! A black Beemer!!! Guess she may have upgrade to a better residential asking for a dollar now...LOL...

Quick Reply: What a weird encounter with another CBR owner....