Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What a weird encounter with another CBR owner....

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:51 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default What a weird encounter with another CBR owner....

Ok members, so I went for an hour ride yesterday. Before heading home, I always like to stop by gas station to fill her up....so I pull into a gas station, corner of my eye i see a fellow in leather jacket with a bike...did not pay much attention to what type of bike. So I decide to pull up to use the next gas pump next to him. When I got off, I saw his bike was a CBR 250...I just say hi!

So after I am done filling gas, he walks over, in my mind I thought he wanted to talk motorcycle, like say about our bikes...but No, he ask for money...saying he's out of gas....damn dude was asking everyone pulling in...I'm serious broke and I don't ride with cash...even myself, I've pay cashier with some quarters...so I check my pocket and one 4 pennies...he said that's better than nothing and takes it...damn man...WTF??

Old 05-14-2012, 01:09 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by estate4life
Ok members, so I went for an hour ride yesterday. Before heading home, I always like to stop by gas station to fill her up....so I pull into a gas station, corner of my eye i see a fellow in leather jacket with a bike...did not pay much attention to what type of bike. So I decide to pull up to use the next gas pump next to him. When I got off, I saw his bike was a CBR 250...I just say hi!

So after I am done filling gas, he walks over, in my mind I thought he wanted to talk motorcycle, like say about our bikes...but No, he ask for money...saying he's out of gas....damn dude was asking everyone pulling in...I'm serious broke and I don't ride with cash...even myself, I've pay cashier with some quarters...so I check my pocket and one 4 pennies...he said that's better than nothing and takes it...damn man...WTF??

Haha that is funny.. Riding a 250 where he gets about 70mpg but still cant afford gas!! wtff haha

Old 05-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've helped other riders in need...even giving them a few bucks but it sounds like this guy didn't even thank you. Wonder if he'll ever pay-it-forward. Next time, he may have to sweep a parking lot, sell his watch, or push his bike home.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:37 PM

I ran into a deal like this when I got gas at Raceway, x 114 ? on I 85 in SC. This guy has two kids with him and they were fairly well dressed. He approached me and gave his hard luck story. I said, I'm sorry, I'm broke myself. I watched his actions and he went from pump island to the next with his story. I pulled off the gas island and went inside to get some things and still kept an eye on him and his two kids. I saw him get in late model BMW and drive away. I was leaving Raceway and saw his car parked at another gas station. I did not see him & kids.. but fairly certain that he was working all the gas stations in the area.

However, I'm not a heartless person. I noticed a young women (20's) and a teenager a little younger and a dog along the side of the road. They had a small sign.. said we broke down and repaired our car and need gas money to get home to TX. I stopped and asked them what happened and the pointed to their car and said the water pump went out and took 1/2 their gas money. They needed to make up the difference to get home. I asked them a few more questions and thought I was getting a straight story. I gave them $ 20.00 bucks and drove away, about a 1/4 mile down the road.. I turned around and gave them $ 20.00 bucks more. It was the biggest
$ 40.00 buck smile I ever saw.. and was pleased with myself. If they were Playing Me... then they were Pro's. I've been helped out a few times and I was always greatful and past on the favor when I can.

Avery

Old 05-14-2012, 05:19 PM

if someone is ever there needing gas ill tell them ill can give them $5 but i go inside and give it to the cashier and tell them to put it on their pump, never give cash to someone who says they are out of gas, they usually arent.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 to ganzey
Ern

Old 05-14-2012, 05:49 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If I have a buck or two....why not help a fellow rider...but when I'm out...nothing I can do. But the scenario is too comfortable...if I were stranded and need a few bucks to get home, I would plead my situation and how embarrassing to me for asking...

But this fellow really is natural. Seems like he was so used to asking, there's no emotion....or the urgentcy for some gas to get home....

**** gas is near $5/gallon here.

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: profanity
Old 05-14-2012, 06:06 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

who drives to the gas station, without money and out of gas, knowing they cant get to where theyre going? thats just stupid.... its almost always a scam.

it really sucks that the credibility of a person in real need is lost due to all the scamming by the crooks.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:16 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by estate4life
If I have a buck or two....why not help a fellow rider...but when I'm out...nothing I can do. But the scenario is too comfortable...if I were stranded and need a few bucks to get home, I would plead my situation and how embarrassing to me for asking...

But this fellow really is natural. Seems like he was so used to asking, there's no emotion....or the urgentcy for some gas to get home....

**** gas is near $5/gallon here.

Still?? Wow... its rising?? Damnn guys... feel bad for you... when I was there it was $4.65 and I was like

Its slowly dropping over here thankfully.

Too bad about that guy, some people just arent considerate... no emotion like you said, sad... some people ...

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: fix quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:41 AM

I accidentally left my petcock on reserve for my 2 hour ride saturday morning.

Of course ran out of gas, and waited 45 minutes while my parents (live in the area) came with a gas can.

Not only was it embarassing to wait for my parents, a hundred cars passed by, and even worse, TONS of bikes passed right by.

If im not on my way to work or have anything pressing, I always stop for a pulled over bike.

Quick Reply: What a weird encounter with another CBR owner....