Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What to use for traveling?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to use for traveling?

Hey guys, im wondering what some of you all do to carry your stuff when riding. I ride to the gym and work, so I need enough room for a towel, clothes, and maybe a pair of shoes. Also I need to carry my cell phone and wallet. I hate keeping them in my pocket. I've been looking at a few tank bags or back-packs, but I wanted to hear some more suggestions, THanks!!

Old 07-05-2012, 08:25 AM

I have also been using a backpack, but can be a pain with a passenger... I'm looking into saddlebags. they seem to offer the most practical room and they dont look too ugly. Then possibly adding a tankbag in the future.

Js8514 posted another thread about his new Cortech saddlebags and this is what he said he fit into them : So far, in one bag i have a pair of jeans, 4 t-shirts, 4 boxers and 4 socks and there is still room for some small things. The other bag I have my rain gear in and will be putting toiletries in for the trip. Ill have to keep them even but there is def a good amount of room for the weekend trip."

That really surprised me because of how small they look, but helped me make up my mind that these are what I need. hope this helps...

Old 07-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

I have some cortech equipment as well. I only have the top piece not the saddlebags but it works beautifully for what I need. I use it for carrying my lunch and assorted crap for work. Would recommend it. Stays secure and holds quite a bit.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

backpack should be more than adequate for all that stuff. and if you need to carry a passenger, they wear the backpack

Old 07-05-2012, 04:14 PM

Great stuff guys, I just orderd a XL joe rocket tank pad off ebay for 48 bucks!. I figured that was a good deal because the new ones were going for like 98. So I guess I'll see how this works.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Backpack and don't look back. Carry on your back or strap to the bike with bungee's when your feeling lazy.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One caution with back-packs...DO NOT carry solid and/or fragile objects. In a crash,
they could cause serious damage via puncture and/or spinal injury, if you land on it.
Stick to small objects and or soft (ie the towel, clothes, etc mentioned).

That said, I use a tail-trunk that detaches from a plate (my system is made by Givi).

Magnetic tank-bags are a great grab and go, if you don't need security on the bike itself.

Larger loads are best carried in saddle bags, as the center of gravity is lower and less
likely to affect the bikes handeling.

Ern