Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What use is it?

Old 07-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What use is it?

What use it getting an economic stimulus check if the local income tax prices and gas prices rise to take it away? [:@]

So my $600 check came yesterday:
But in one frick'n month I get the following:
- School Taxes (increased by $600)
- $300 Propane bill ( due to fuel cost increase, budget didn't cover it)
- Motorcycle insurance
- $200 County Income Tax

On top of that, my bike is out of commission (waiting for insurance) due to an accident that occurred a week ago.

Left turn lane opened up. I changed lanes, but held back a little in case the car I was behind decided to change to. Doing about 30 mph (speed limit 45 mph). They slowed down and were down to about 15 mph...They seemed to be committed to a stop...so i proceeded to pass... I was about a 1 foot or two behind on the left when they decided to change lanes without signaling. I grabbed a fistful of brakes and clutch and started to swerve when I highsided. Had a huge bruise on my upper thigh and soreness throughout. Now I'm bikeless until I see if the lady's insurance decides it's her fault (even though she freely admitted it to the police).

Now I need to replace my helmet and half the fairings.

On the plus side, I did pay off a $5000 credit card last month.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:18 AM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What use is it?

I have been wondering this exact thing for quite some time now...who is really going to benefit from $600 on more than a short-term basis?

Old 07-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I know you have been down lately Nick .. try and look at it this way ..its only money and things ..it doesnt matter too much ..you have your health and that is everything ... with health you can build on everything else ..life is an up and down struggle in general and sometimes more down than up but life can also be truly wonderful at times so we just carry on ... your $600 check that doesnt cover the cost of living is nothing more than an annoyance in the scheme of things ..dont let it alter your more balanced thinking patterns ... you will be riding again soon enough whatever happens :-)

Jules

Old 07-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Banned

Wow, I'm a bit uphalled to hear people finding a reason to complain about getting a check for $600. Yes, I agree that it's probably not going to have the impact that the government had intended for the stimulus, but that money came for me at a time when I needed it bad.

I guess it's true that people can find a way to complain about anything...IT'S $600 THAT YOU WOULDN'T HAVE HAD OTHERWISE, so be happy and stop complaining about it.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:44 AM

For everyone who would like to complain about their stimulus check not doing them any good, you can simply endorse the back and mail them to me-I will take care of it for you.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not complaining about getting the $600...just complaining that the local government finds away to take it away which completely negates the purpose of receiving it in the first place. Happened with the last stimulus, too.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:52 AM

I got my $1500 check months ago....if you dont want yours send it my way.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sucks to hear about the bike woo. If it makes you feel any better, my stimulus check was only $300... better than nothing though.By the way, I am without a bike too. Been walking my sorry a$$ around town and getting tormented by the sounds of bikes all around me.[/b]

Search this Thread