Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what not to wear

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what not to wear

lol, just got done studying, saw the little conflict waged on here and wanted to put my thoughts, now im going to fall violently into bed b4 work tomorrow. wash rinse repeat. Gotta love life.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Amen brother. Sleep well.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:38 AM

Hmm I disagree, pictures do capture someones attitude. Or at least sometimes. There are always exceptions to the rule

Old 11-06-2008, 06:30 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok right, um ..here goes ..time to show you what dumb blondes do!! ..lol

Many years ago when I was about 20 I had this little black Kawasaki GPZ500 ..loved it but when I got it there were some small holes in the exhaust at the bottom where the headers go into the balance box area .. the system was sound though and the metal surrounding these holes was not too bad so I used my dads MIG welder to fix them up.

I removed the exhaust system complete from the bike and put on an "argon" gas cylinder ..less sputter and more even cooling welding ..you need every little extra advantage with exhausts as its too easy to keep blowing holes in the thin rusty metal which I did several times..

Anyway Picture the system on the floor complete with me in the middle with the welding torch .... the headers are pointed back toward my face ..yup!!..lol

As I welded I would check the porosity of my somewhat untidy welding by spraying wd40 on it and seeing it vanish down between the cracks or welds .. then I would add a bit more metal to where I thought the leaks where and do the wd40 test again ..I was getting a good seal in the end and just as I was about to weld the last bit of hole up KABOOM!!!! ..all the wd40 had pooled inside and at the bottom of the headers ..when I pressed that torch again it ignited and flames and soot fired out of all header ends right into my face knocking me across the garage ..result ..one screaming girl thinking I had totally lost my face and a small fire ..lol

When dad came to see what the screams where he was laughing his head off, I was eyebrowless and my hair all singed with a totally black face but no lasting damage!! ..lol

Oh and I was a bit deaf too ..lol

Jules

Old 11-06-2008, 06:44 AM

that would have been worth the price of admission alone...i did the same thing...but with a fuel tank out of a jeep....I even flushed it with water.......but i was using an oxy/acetylene rig.....huge very hot WOOOOOOOOSH of flame out of the filler neck. friend damn near wet herself...I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe

Old 11-06-2008, 06:48 AM

Well I was crying from mostly fright and all dad could do was laugh, it took months to get eyebrows and new hair ..lol ...you are a scary PamBot ..indestructable like the Terminator!! ..lol

I bet flame throwers wouldnt stop you either ...lol

Jules

Old 11-06-2008, 06:56 AM

back to that get it done now and quickly......I sometimes tend to "overlook" certain things.....(ie did not flush out tank quite thoroughly......wear welding apron...etc)

Old 11-06-2008, 07:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Pamw

back to that get it done now and quickly......I sometimes tend to "overlook" certain things.....(ie did not flush out tank quite thoroughly......wear welding apron...etc)
I am kinda the same ..I know my stuff but I fall down because I rush things and my mind tends to be here, there and everywhere, typical ditz ..lol .. I lost count the times I did oil changes and never replaced the sump plug, to have new oil spill out over the garage floor ..doh!!

Jules

Old 11-06-2008, 07:14 AM

as with my work..I end up doing 20 things at the same time...fortunatly I can mulitask well.....

Old 11-06-2008, 07:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Pamw

as with my work..I end up doing 20 things at the same time...fortunatly I can mulitask well.....
Thats half my problem right there ..I can multitask well too but because of that I go overboard and have too many things on the go at once ..I'll start to service my bike and while the oil is draining I will do something on the car, or go fix something else and I end up with too many things on the go and looking for my damn tools too ..I am a lot better these days though ..much more methodical and I only tend to do one thing at a time now :-)

I must show you some pics of me on that bike my boyfriend at the time took of me ..we got some nice shots of me going around the bends etc ...

Jules

Quick Reply: what not to wear