Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What kind of work do you guys do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What kind of work do you guys do?

just do my signature

Old 08-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off topic: Don't take this as an insult but I have a hard time believing any of those links in your sig bobjoezx. Can you elaborate on how they work? I find it hard to believe you can make money as easily as these programs say you can.

Back on topic: I have a Bachelors in Information Systems, and work as a .Net programmer currently.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:12 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

letz827 check out this thread it goes over bobjoezx's sig
want a new bike ?

Old 08-31-2006, 06:04 AM

Been working at Fed Ex Ground for just under a year now. Just started full time which is seperated into two shifts. On the first shift I work in the unload section, unloading packages from trucks so they can be sent through the sorting machine and then loaded onto different trucks. Second shift I'm a switcher pulling 53 footers and pup trailers with one of these. Basically when a trailer is finished (either just emptied or just filled up), I move it and put another trailer it's place. Also have to drive some of the delivery vans and straight trucks around the yard, or park them in the building on occasion. Thinking about trying to get a delivery route once I can.

Headed to school after I get a bike (should be getting one this week ), planning to major in psychology with a minor in education. Then again my dad's a captain for IFD, so he could give me some help in getting on the fire department after I turn 21.

What can I say, I may not make alot but the world is my oyster =]

Old 08-31-2006, 09:18 AM

How the Fsck you guys get those kind of jobs?! I am currently a professional "Employment Analyst"....in other words my work consists of looking for a job and pays nothing. I was going to college for my A.A in Computer Information Systems, but life kicked me in the teeth and I had to drop out for a bit. I survive off of under the table jobs here and there and manage the money I have left from my inheritance. I was planning on applying for a job with the state in waste management in my area. (I know, not a glamorous job, but good benefits and pay) Anyone out there want to offer me a decent job?.....
<Doesn't hold his breath>

Old 09-01-2006, 05:14 AM

Law enforcement for 10 years (no, i don't write tickets anymore) criminal investigation and all that CSI crap.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:19 AM

LouSiffer

Ask around and see where your friends work. That's how I've found every job I've ever had. One thing I've learned from working at Fed Ex, is that at least in my area, the turn over is HUGE. It's physical work, so a massive amount of people quit within the first four weeks. Thus, they're always hiring. I'm assuming it's like this for most physical jobs in or on the outskirts of cities. Jobs like this usually start at $9-13 an hour, but because the turn over is so large, people who proove themselves to be good dedicated workers have pleanty of options to move up. They're definately not amazing jobs, but there are pleanty of opportunities and benefits to tide you over untill you find something better.

Where are you located?

Old 09-01-2006, 11:46 AM

Been a Realtor since 1982, before that I was a machinest and then an electrician.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:01 PM

UNITED STATES ARMY.. black hawk crew cheif..mechanic

Old 11-17-2006, 08:21 PM

Dentist...[sm=trust_me.gif]

Quick Reply: What kind of work do you guys do?