Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What is the holdup on fixing the forums?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the holdup on fixing the forums?!?

^ lol so we have forum nemeses now...hmm, well, there have been a couple of insolent, festering bags of smegma cloistering recently...if I thought they were going to stick around for any length of time, I might tag one as my nemesis...but then again, doing so would lend credence to their ignorance, giving them credit as an enemy when they're just ignorant ****s. So I'll just continue to do as they require of me, and use a 10mm Logitech firing hollow point QWERTY rounds...lol

Old 06-29-2008, 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

Too many morons posting *high speed* threads set off the dumbass meter and broke the boards.

****** no0bs
Love it....

Old 06-30-2008, 12:52 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Hmm vBulletin raised their prices slightly. It was $160 last I knew. Then again I haven't really been to their website in a while; my vB is sitting idle doing nothing, so I've had no reason to go get upgrades and such lately.

And I didn't snap, nor am I angry. Just trying to explain my point of view (and I like to ramble, so posts tend to be long).

Old 06-30-2008, 04:51 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Aken
And I didn't snap, nor am I angry. Just trying to explain my point of view (and I like to ramble, so posts tend to be long).
Ahhhh, the board was not real happy with long posts until late last week ... see it's getting better

Old 06-30-2008, 05:51 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Haha no **** - I had some long helpful tech posts in the F4i section a week or two ago that got eaten. The people asking the questions had to get their answers elsewhere at that point - I wasn't about to write it all out again.[sm=pcwhack.gif]

Old 06-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

ORIGINAL: Aken
Ahhhh, the board was not real happy with long posts until late last week ... see it's getting better
Yea its has gotten better somewhat. But I still get teh asp errors from time to time and usually when I am trying to answer a technical question.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:17 AM

i haven't really said much up to this point either, but im really getting fed up with typing out a paragraph of tech help only to see it gone as soon as you click the ok button. it still does happen now when you least expect it. and seriously 6 months and "someone" cant manage putting up a new banner? who is in charge that can do that? there should be no "waiting for upgrades" in order to put up a new banner.....

Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered Users

I like vb as well, i used it for setting up a plethora of forum sites....but without getting into specifics, there are a few things i like about this board specifically....

either way....chainstretcher....could you possibly talk to the upper ups...or havoc...or someone....see if they would be willing to let someone undertake a "site redesign"....most of these forum software packages are merely template driven and someone could get into photoshop and start coming up with a new design, including banner etc....(cough, cough Aken)...(my days of designing are gone)...then try and implement it....

my thing is this....the community here is second to none, but i feel like our site is old...not that it matters as it's the people that make it, but it would be nice to come to a new look site, maybe with more information, like actually articles or the infamous "news" link that has NO news....i just think we could really up the quality here....maybe allow a few of us members willing and capable enough to put in the time and effort to be, not necessarily mods, but staffers that work on updating the site and maintaining things like graphics, or organizing a tech section or news section....

maybe i am just a dreamer, but i can see this site turning into a really awesome board technically speaking with just a little help from the vast knowledge of the members here....

Old 06-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$180 for software that has comparable OS apps. Screw VB.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered Users

lol...i could care less what software we are on, but let's just spruce up the site a bit graphically, add a little more functionality in the ways of news, etc., and maybe fix the rampant posting and SQL problems we are having...

we do that...and i'll be as happy as you can be!

Quick Reply: What is the holdup on fixing the forums?!?