Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What Helmet??

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Helmet??

I am in the process of buying gear for myself finally lol. I have had my bike a month, but I haven’t been able to ride it. I’m at collage; bike is at home (Vegas). Anyways I was looking at different gear, andI found some cool looking stuff, but I can't decide (wow, imagine that lol). Any ways I narrowed it down to two helmets. For each of the two I got a different "gear set-up"basically just different colors. Any who just curious to what helmet you guys think looks best, or better yet will protect me better lol. Thanks.
Oh also, is there a real difference between nylon and mesh jackets? Just curious,ok I’m done thanks!
-Nate

Name:  scorpion.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  24.0 KB

Name:  iconyellow.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  19.9 KB

Old 06-25-2007, 02:29 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: What Helmet??

i love the 1st one im about to buy it myself here in about 2 weeks if things go right. but i was thinking about getting the grey version just because i think the mate white wil get dirty easily.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:54 AM

so.....you're in "collage"?? hahaha I believe it is college, my friend. Anyways, go with the scorpion. If you have the money, the exo1000. cool beans

Old 06-25-2007, 03:06 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Have you tired either of them on yet, i would not drop a couple hundred bucks until i did (even if its not the same helmet, just the model). Never tried a scorpion, i have tried an icon or 2 tho, didn't like them at all.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:06 AM

Im more of an Icon guy..but man the white Scorpion looks sick...I was gonna get a yellowIcon helmet.damn the white Scorpion [sm=Awwww.gif]. can you give the the link for a white Scorpion? i wanna buy it

Old 06-25-2007, 03:07 AM

ORIGINAL: FFCBRf4i

so.....you're in "collage"?? hahaha I believe it is college, my friend. Anyways, go with the scorpion. If you have the money, the exo1000. cool beans
Yeah that’s the one! LOL. Man I even spell checked that bad boy and everything! Lol…guess spell checker doesn’t account for stupidity LOL. But that is the reason I’m here in COLLEGE [/i][/b]lol, TRYING to learn(not too much progress though[8D])….I thought the Icon would win, shows how much I know LOL…the people have spoken! Lol

Old 06-25-2007, 03:10 AM

LOL that’s what happened to me. I was looking for a cool lid...then I found that Scorpion! Its sooo sexy! LolNot sure if you can buy from scorpion directly...but that’s where I found the helmet...still here's the link.

http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55D...3621A7C798B541

Old 06-25-2007, 03:29 AM

What jacket are you gonna where? I like for atleast the jacket and helmet to match.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:41 AM

Oh yeah, jacket AND gloves have to match...i don't wanna be mutli-colored out there [8D]. Althought my bike is balck and yellow, and ill have white gear...hmmm, oh well! LOL It's worth the sweeet Helmet hehe.
Here are the two jackets I'm lookin at and the golves. they are all icon...that is because i really thought i was gonna go yellwo and black and icon had the really the only yellow/black jacket i liked, so i guess i stilll need to look at the white/black jacket options, but i still really like theses ones .

Name:  IconMotorheadwhite.jpg
Size:  8.3 KB

Name:  IconTIMAX2.jpg
Size:  6.0 KB

Name:  IconGloves.jpg
Size:  7.0 KB

Old 06-25-2007, 10:27 AM

I'm thinking of the white scorpion helmet with the second jacket. My bike is red.

Quick Reply: What Helmet??