Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What the hell is going on?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the hell is going on?!!!

What the f**k is going on with cagers this year. Within the past week Ive almost been hit three times. First, I had a lady driving real slow in the right lane of a three lane road. I knew something was up because of her speed. Well sure as **** she comes over across all the lanes right into me. Good thing for me there was a center turn lane. I Gassed it and dove into there to avoid her. Second, I was on the freeway in the carpool lane riding to work. There was a car in the next lane that I passed but then they kind of cought back up and styed next to me for a second. Next thing I know her she comes right into the side of me. I was like WTF! All she had to do was look to her left just a bit and she would of seen me. Third, was last night. was making a left at an intersection that has two lanes that turn left. I was in the farther left one. Well this car full of kids was in the lane to my right. We make the turn and a car in front of them makes a right into a parking lot. So they decide that they will just change lanes instead of slowing down. Yeah, you guessed it. Right into me. I had to lock the rear, open the throttle and go into the right lane. I got right next to them and let them know I was not happy!! Plus they could of made me scratch my new boots (Would have killed them! HAHA!). For some strange reason this year cagers are really starting to worry me. And all of my close calls have pretty much been right next to the drivers window!!!? IDIOTS. Thanks for reading guys. RIDE SAFE!!! Oh and sorry if none of this make sense.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Default RE: What the hell is going on?!!!

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

I had to lock the rear, open the throttle and go into the right lane.
That makes no sense what so ever. Why would you lock the rear? Your not supposed to unlock the rear untill you have come to a stop, according to any MSF course out there. Your second senario could have been avoided by you not being in the "carpool" lane. Most of the carpool lanes are for three or more passengers, only. Still dosen't excuse the fact that people don't check before changing lanes. I make it a habbit to ride outside of a cars blind spot.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Retired Moderator

We just have to do our best to prepare for the idiots whoare gunning for us. When I am in traffic, I always do my best to keep in front or behind the cars that are in the lanes next to me, that way when they come into my lane without looking, I am not even there...total ninja action I must say. Of course that is not always possible, but maybe you can hide in a part of your lane that is further away from the vehicle to your side so you can have more reaction time. In traffic, my mantra is, "What is this idiot going to do to try and kill me?"...or something to that effect, because it gives me the right attitude to be in the middle of a bunch of stupid cagers. Keep them eyes peeled!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:39 PM

Carpool lanes can also be used by bikers in some states. I've nearly been hit a couple times too. I find that alot of people don't know what a stop sign means. Turd pulled out right in front of me at a stop sign, his stop not mine. Doesn't help that my horn makes barely any noise at all.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:11 PM

ORIGINAL: tomp

That makes no sense what so ever. Why would you lock the rear? Your not supposed to unlock the rear untill you have come to a stop, according to any MSF course out there.
i think if fine to unlock the rear if you are going stight. i dont see what can go wrong. i have done it and in the rain(less traction then i thoght, dam rain).

Old 05-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: agentofdarkness
Carpool lanes can also be used by bikers in some states. .
correct

Old 05-30-2007, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: tomp

That makes no sense what so ever. Why would you lock the rear? Your not supposed to unlock the rear untill you have come to a stop, according to any MSF course out there. Your second senario could have been avoided by you not being in the "carpool" lane. Most of the carpool lanes are for three or more passengers, only. Still dosen't excuse the fact that people don't check before changing lanes. I make it a habbit to ride outside of a cars blind spot.
Let me rephrase. I did not have to lock up but I did. I have no problem unlocking while moving. So I do it. My not be right.
Here Carpool lanes are for bikes and car with two or more people. Except for 520. Which is for bikes and cars with three or more. Carpool lane is very safe for bikes.
And I never try to ride in people’s blind spots. And in two of my situations I could of held a conversation with the driver if I would have got closer in the lane to them.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

it sounds like you just need to stay outta the left lanes lol

Old 05-30-2007, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

it sounds like you just need to stay outta the left lanes lol
I guess! HAHA!

Old 05-31-2007, 01:36 AM
Registered Users

carry some pink paintballs

Quick Reply: What the hell is going on?!!!