Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what gear do you wear???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what gear do you wear???

Boots, pants, jacket, gloves, and helmet.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:53 AM

Always wear everthing myself, can`t remember where but someones got this as there sig ` Rather sweat than Bleed` How true.
You`ll only fall of once without gear..............

Old 03-23-2006, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: DThompson
I'd think it would be better to wear the jacket in town because there are alot more vehicles closer to you in town then on the highway.

Just a suggestion

Daniel Thompson
Very true. And for a variety of reasons:

1.) It's a proven fact, the majority of accidents happen within 5 miles of home.

2.) When you're 'around town,' near your house, etc.... you're defenses are down. You're in your comfort zone, so you're not quite as aware of potential hazards as you are when you're in an unfamliar area. All the more reason to keep your flesh protected.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Anubis

Always wear everthing myself, can`t remember where but someones got this as there sig ` Rather sweat than Bleed` How true.
You`ll only fall of once without gear..............
I heard that too only in the USMC but it makes perfect sence on a bike!

Old 03-24-2006, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: vtec97hatch

helmet, jacket, gloves and jeans. i dont have any boots, just skate shoes. probably not the best protection, but comfy as hell! btw, i heard jeans are the next best thing to leather. i could be wrong, but thats just what i heard.
i forgot where i found the link, but sport rider did a drag test on lots of different fabrics wit han 80 some-odd pound bag of sand inside, denim jeans lasted 3 feet (the worst of the tested) and race-weight leather ran for about 84 feet (tip-top of the list).

but as anyone whos fallen off of their bicycle as a id could usually notice, you would usually have holes in your pants just from that little spill.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:17 PM

what about any of the icon pants? any good yay or nay.

Old 03-25-2006, 05:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EVERYSTUFF, all the time !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE my new Kobe gear!!!!!! 2 dragon jackets,(solid and perf), and dragon "breeze" pants (free sliders!!!!!!) all 1.7mm, under 400$ total!!!!!!!!!!! including shipping, from georgia to wa.!!!!!!!!! 1888fastlap.com, dave or kathy, tell'm...rippn, sent ya!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a FM radikal helmet (irrid shields...16$!!!!!!!!), and 4 pr of gloves (hopefully this next wk) coming. suites, armour, boots, helmets,race stuff,race parts... SCREEEEEEMER DEALS...NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF (when) I go down, I wanna get up laugh'n!!!!!!! Clean and free, only smoke'n harleys!!!!!!!!!!! Ripp'n

Old 03-26-2006, 03:53 PM

I wear Joe Rocket 2 piece suit (leather), a Shoei TZR helmet and Alpinestars Gps3 boots. I also have a 2 piece textile suit i wear during cold weather riding and rain.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:51 PM

I'm new to bikes, though I have some time on a dirt bike, but only messing around with friends years ago...

I don't want to skimp on gear... I've already got an HJC helmet, but want gloves and a jacket at a minimum. If I have enough cash left for pants and boots, I'll get those as well. Anyone have any recommendations on good, safe gear that won't drain my bank account? I know... you get what you pay for, but I'm looking for real world advice on this.

Thanks!

Old 03-27-2006, 10:51 AM

i can't vote cuz you're missing Jacket, gloves, helmets knee pads and boots

Quick Reply: what gear do you wear???