Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what gear do you wear???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what gear do you wear???

ORIGINAL: Monkey

Being hot and sweaty is a small price to pay compared to the possible injuries that can result from no protection.
Exactly. If it's too hot to wear gear, it's too hot to ride.

(that said, I still need to find some overpants/kevlar jeans).

Helmet, jacket, pants and (brand spankin' new!) boots here!

Old 03-20-2006, 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

Kinda curious as to why the ones who wear everything except protective pants, don't wear them?
For me, I just haven't found any I like yet. I have a hard enough time finding REGULAR pants that fit me well (smallish waist with a big *** and a long inseam), let alone riding pants. I want to get some Draggin' jeans, but I hate ordering stuff without trying it on first. So for now, it's just jeans.

Old 03-20-2006, 04:47 PM

right now just the helmet, jacket, gloves. after i get my new jacket im going to get some textile pants and some boots.

Old 03-20-2006, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

Kinda curious as to why the ones who wear everything except protective pants, don't wear them?
Normally after all the mods, helmet, gloves and boots, there's no money left for the pants. By the time you get the money for the pants, it's time for more mods or to get those low-side scratches patched up, then no money, so.....

Old 03-20-2006, 08:12 PM

What do u mean by boots? Does it have to be boots made for riding or just work boots? I put boots down but I only wear my leather work boots.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:47 PM

helmet, t-shirt, jeans and chuck taylors

Old 03-21-2006, 10:27 AM

ORIGINAL: transamlt1man

What do u mean by boots? Does it have to be boots made for riding or just work boots? I put boots down but I only wear my leather work boots.
Riding-specific boots. Work boots or other leather, over the ankle boots are better than tennis shoes, but really won't do much to protect your ankles in an accident. Broken ankles are very common injuries in motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle boots (particularly those for SPORTbike riding) have steel reinforcement on both sides of the ankle... they also have a nice snug fit to support the ankle.

In addition, most motorcycle boots will have a non-skidding sole, to give you better traction when stopped (wet pavement, oil, etc...). And many have a shifter pad on the top of the toe to give you more secure/precise shifting control (your boot won't slide off -- they give you grip).

And for you ladies (and vertically challenged men), boots also give you a little more height, to give you better footing when stopped.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:50 AM

I wear my helmet and gloves all the time. If I am going to leave town I will wear my jacket also.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:43 PM

helmet, jacket, gloves and jeans. i dont have any boots, just skate shoes. probably not the best protection, but comfy as hell! btw, i heard jeans are the next best thing to leather. i could be wrong, but thats just what i heard.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:15 PM

Take it from me, Jeans are not a good form of protection. I KNOW.

Ide have to say that armored textile pants would probably be next after leathers.

josho66 Date 3/21/2006 8:50:48 AM
I wear my helmet and gloves all the time. If I am going to leave town I will wear my jacket also.
I'd think it would be better to wear the jacket in town because there are alot more vehicles closer to you in town then on the highway.

Just a suggestion

Daniel Thompson

Quick Reply: what gear do you wear???