Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what gear do you wear???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Retired Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what gear do you wear???

there is always alot of debate on here about gear. so i thought that i would start a poll and see what everyone else wears.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Default RE: what gear do you wear???

Being hot and sweaty is a small price to pay compared to the possible injuries that can result from no protection.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:56 PM

99% of the time i gear up (helmet, jacket, gloves, boots). the other 1% is when i'm moving my bike around the driveway in whatever i've got on

Old 03-19-2006, 10:02 PM

Back home on harleys i'd wear...glasses. lol. Now that i'm in the military they require jacket, gloves, helmet, and boots...and after a hour long seminar on accidents and bodily damage, and a few graphic pictures...i gladly wear them.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:31 PM

I was driving to work today and saw a guy couple cars ahead on an old standard bike wearing helmet, winter coat, shorts and shoes. I couldn't help but think what a dumb a$$. We're not driving city blocks like that makes it safe, but we had just decended 800 or so feet down through the twisties.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:21 AM

Well I dont know about you guys but I always wear my pants?? I have yet to ride around in my underwear with my jacket, gloves, and boots. I wear pants just not riding pants. lol

Old 03-20-2006, 01:09 AM
Fox
Banned

I don't get it. I always ride with pants on. Wouldn't you have other problems if you were out and about sans pants?

Well, if we're referencing protective pants, I do when it's cold outside, my commute envolves highway speed, or I plan on screwing around.

I always wear a lid, gloves and boots. I've only not worn a jacket three or four times, but it was to get fuel down the street and it was almost 100 degrees out.

Old 03-20-2006, 02:23 AM
Retired Mod

alright smartasses, didn't know that i had to be SO specific when entering the poll choices!

assume that when pants aren't listed that it means jeans or whatever. if pants are listed, it means motorcycle riding pants. i'm sure that all knew that already but had to point out that i did leave a little room for the imagination. and by the way, i regularly ride without any pants. just move your knees away from the tank and it's like free air conditioning. lol

Old 03-20-2006, 03:02 AM

I wear my Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, and Pants.

I dont really have any boots yet but im working on it, And my pants are under armor pants, Not like leather

Daniel Thompson

Old 03-20-2006, 11:58 AM

Kinda curious as to why the ones who wear everything except protective pants, don't wear them?

In the heat and humidity of a St. Louis summer, I still wear textile mesh pants. I figure they gotta hold up in sliding down the highway conditions better than just jeans. I wear jeans and then the mesh over top. If I'm going somewhere, I just take the mesh off and walk around in my jeans. I figure if I care about my upper torso not getting road rash, I care about my *** and legs too.

Not bashing, just wondering.

Quick Reply: what gear do you wear???