Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What is the fascination with Sons of Anarchy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What is the fascination with Sons of Anarchy?

Let me start with my Fiancee is fascinated with Sons of Anarchy. I have seen every episode twice because of her and we own all the episodes(all 3 seasons). But they hardly ride in the show, but when they do it is "Hillbilly Harley's"(not sportbikes). All I can see is too much drama for the bad karma loser Bike Club. But everybody says it is the best show, but I shake my head. I don't understand the appeal. What is the fascination?

Old 12-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry you don't get it... It is the replacement for the Sopranos, you know the organized crime family with their trials and tribulations.
You must have seen the episode where the cut the nuts off the carny who raped a little girl... We all might not do that but it is kinda cool to see vigilante justice from time to time.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:07 PM

I've never seen it but heard good things. Isn't in an FX show? I assume they only can show/do but so much.

Originally Posted by thrasher572
We all might not do that but it is kinda cool to see vigilante justice from time to time.
^
The reason I watch Dexter.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The show has had some well respected actors in various episodes. The show is different than the typical so-called 'reality' garb these days that seems to permeate just about every mainstream channel. I appreciate that. To each his own.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Closer to reality than some of you who don't know Outlaw bike clubs will comprehend.......
For me, it's the wicked humour, mixed with good cast and direction, and an honest story line.
The bikes, well, they'd look odd trying to lug guns on sportsbikes wouldn't they - on those bikes they can use pisspot helmets so you can see the actors...... and what other show has a guy's fingers chopped off, for "pulling his pisser" hehe.
Keen to see season 4.
I'm told there are 7 seasons planned.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We watch it n love it. Its closer to reality than the reality shows on most channels these days lol. It would be nice to see a show with sportbikes, but the HD crows is bigger so thats what sells.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The club is simply the tie that binds this group of individuals together. What they do as a group is primary to the story, and riding motorcycles isn't really important to that.

I don't need to start watching, cause I get stuck on new series - I'm halfway through season 4 of Dexter, and I started watching right before Christmas.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:27 AM

i'd rather watch a movie. netflix is where its at

Old 12-31-2010, 11:28 AM

Start with the first episode and go from there. If you cant understand the fascination then you should watch american idol or something lame like that.....

Old 12-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clearly have said I have seen all the episodes as stated above. It is a boring show to me and everyone else thinks it is the greatest show. Needs more violence, less drama!

Quick Reply: What is the fascination with Sons of Anarchy?