Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what else does my website need?

Old 02-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what else does my website need?

And don't say nekkid chics...this is a family site

http://www.1morebike.com

seriouslsy, I'm trying to offer more info for people trying to buy a bike on my motorcycle site. Coming this week I am adding a finance calculator so you can tell what your payments would be, how much interest you will pay, etc.

What else would you guys add?
User reviews on bike's?
Dealerhip Map? (tells where local dealerships are)
Riding tips and info?

What else guys?

Old 02-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Default RE: what else does my website need?

I say keep it simple: +1 on maps and finance calc

Old 02-22-2007, 09:57 PM

The KISS method always works well... I am not sure I would go with local dealerships (they are your competitor after all), and do you not have a honda on the front page?!? just kidding.

I could defintely see adding a finance calculator. Who knows if you can get someone to sponsor your site using their financing options? Might be something to check into perhaps?

I guess if it was me I would have to see if I was getting a good deal... granted most people research bikes heavily before they buy, but say I was looking at a 87 'Cane, offer what the estimated KBB value is and how much they are saving going through you.

Just a thought

Old 02-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Mad

How about a Q&A section? This way the seller doesn't get bombarded with the same question a hundred times. Also, allow the seller the ability to screen & publish the Q&A to protect publishing stupid question such as "that bike sucks", etc.
I agree totally with the KISS method...

Old 02-23-2007, 04:08 AM

thanks guys, the finance calculator is a def. go. I have a pretty simple java script I am using, lets you plug in cost of bike, trade in value, down payment, finance term (ie months) % rate, etc, and it tells you what your payments will be.

the q/a idea is pretty good, worth looking into.

the dealerships and I would hopefully be working together..I want as many dealerships as possible posting bikes on my site, and I'd imagine most users would want that much bigger of a variety to look thru. But your right, I do need a honda on the front page

thanks guys, some good idea's so far.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a web artist, I would say lighten the background. Either a dark gray-blue or even a light gray-blue would be nice. That alone will drastically make an improvement on the visual, but other than that, it's looking great.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:14 AM

i have one is simple and needed. the logo(plus the bike) on the top. make it a link to your home page(http://www.1morebike.com/index.php?) so what ever page there on they can easely go back home, and then change the bike to a CBR 1000

like so o yea and i know ther is a home botton. but i like it this way best. all sites have it.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

As a web artist, I would say lighten the background. Either a dark gray-blue or even a light gray-blue would be nice. That alone will drastically make an improvement on the visual, but other than that, it's looking great.
i have to agree, the white and black is to contrastic. you want to stick to colors that match. here is a tool that will help you choose colors, just select a color and it will give you coordinating colors.

http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme/index-en.html

i am also a fan of the Q&A idea, as well as the KBB one.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:29 PM

james007torres24- Good call, will ad that as well.

Rrasco and Bluefox- I've fought with the background colors for a while now. I'm gonna try and play around with afew different background variations, or maybe something like http://www.fquick.com where the back -background is black, and the front of the page is white or light gray.

Thanks guys, keep em' coming

Old 02-23-2007, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: 1morebike.com

james007torres24- Good call, will ad that as well.

Rrasco and Bluefox- I've fought with the background colors for a while now. I'm gonna try and play around with afew different background variations, or maybe something like http://www.fquick.com where the back -background is black, and the front of the page is white or light gray.

Thanks guys, keep em' coming
doesnt look bad, it may just be me, but it seems hard on the eyes. making me not want to stay at that site for long.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what else does my website need?