Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What do you think of the VFR Interceptor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of the VFR Interceptor?

I know this is a CBR site, but I figured I can get some pretty unbiased opinions on this. When I get my new bike (hopefully by next summer), I think it's going to be between a newer CBR600 (F4i or rr) and a newer VFR Interceptor 750. I really like both bikes, and they are both Hondas. The CBR is so nimble and quick and light, but the VFR has a sexy single-sided swingarm, ABS, and a V-Tec V4.
Has anyone here ridden a VFR, and how would you compare it to a CBR? Is there anything bad to look at specifically with the V-Tec V4's? Thanks for your input, as your opinions are always food for thought.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: What do you think of the VFR Interceptor?

I love the VFR! It may be a little bulky for city riding, but it is also more comfortable...and you'll get used to it, anyway. I was actually looking at one for my first bike (glad I didn't get it), because an aquaintence had one for sale. Anyway, hard call. I guess I would personally opt for the RR or F4i if I had to chose only one.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:10 PM

Great bikes, I actually want to get one for longer trips. The 929 just isn't meant for those 8 hour rides.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I love the VFR! It may be a little bulky for city riding, but it is also more comfortable...and you'll get used to it, anyway. I was actually looking at one for my first bike (glad I didn't get it), because an aquaintence had one for sale. Anyway, hard call. I guess I would personally opt for the RR or F4i if I had to chose only one.
Voodoo, why are you glad you didn't get one? I want to ride one to compare it to a CBR.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:38 PM

they are a great bike. they are a little big for me, I'm about 5'6-" but its very comfortable, and if ridden right, can keep up with a cbr in the twisties.
and the torque from a Vtwin will always drag that grin back to your ears.

In the group I ride with there usually 3 or 4 guys on VFR's, a 1KRR, and my F4i, and an occasional other 600 joins in.
The guys on the VFRs are always at the front of the pack, and they all rave about them.

I/m not sure where you are at, but my friend is selling his....http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/317543463.html

Old 04-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2
Voodoo, why are you glad you didn't get one? I want to ride one to compare it to a CBR.
Sorry for the misrepresentation...I am glad my first bike wasn't such a "big" bike (cc's and size). I've neverbeen on one, but I've read it isn't as manageable in daily traffic as a smaller sportbike (especially for a beginner). I've read it is great for road trips, and will still handle the twisties with ease. Too bad you can't go for a test ride.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 AM

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2
, and a V-Tec V4.
...v tak kicked in yo!

Old 04-26-2007, 11:23 AM

Hmmm, went to the dealership yesterday, and they have an '06 Interceptor for $9199. Never even had gas or oil in it. Guy told me the electrical system hasn't even been turned on. Only bad things about are it's a non-ABS model(still has linked brakes though), and it's all white. They still have a brand new '06 F4i for $6999, also never been started... hmmm...

Old 04-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Banned

I think the VFR is hawt and I might look into buying one when I reach my older days. It's got a different sound, that's for sure. Never ridden one but they look cozy as hell.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:46 AM

It's a Honda..... you can't go wrong

Quick Reply: What do you think of the VFR Interceptor?