Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What do you do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you do?

I was wondering what most of the people on the forum do for a living. I thought it would be interesting to know what kind of trades and skills we have amoung us. I'll start...
I'm in the Navy as an Electrician working in Nuclear power plants. So that means I only work on Aircraft carriers and Submarines.

Here's a little clip of what I'm part of. Obviously it's not as exciting as it my seem, but pretty important. No one gets to see what we really do since its confidential. It can be very boring and **** at times, but can be rewarding when you realize what we do. To sum it up, we just run the nuclear plants in the Nimitz class carriers, to provide propulsion, electrical power, water, and steam for the catapults. I was on the USS Nimtiz CVN-68 from 2000-2003 and now I'm training future nuclear operators to supply people of the carriers and submarines, on the MTS-635 Sam Rayburn. 2003-Present. I'll be leaving soon to go to another carrier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o50orb7jKAk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MUBgG6rzO8

Old 04-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What do you do?

For a living while I'm still in college...........I'm a salesman at Best Buy in Home Theater.

What I'm studying for.............Creative Media. Pretty much a graphic artist that also does video and sound production. Do I really want to do that.......I'm not sure anymore. Lately, my classes have been a drag (I think I'm getting bored with my major). But I still have no idea what to do, so until then, I'm continuing my CMT major.

I would love a really cool job................like racing MotoGP or AMA........that would be sweet!!! Could you imagine that? NOT having to pay to be on a track, but rather BE payed??? That's like a dream come true!!

Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 AM

sale weed.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 AM

With your illiteracy , it sure does seem like it sometimes.

I have a Graphics and Vinyl Company - D2DGraphix
I also work at a local dealership - Cycle Riders of Orlando

Old 04-12-2007, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

sale weed.
Did you smoke most of it too or just fail english class?

Anyways, I am a full time student of business and work full time selling motorcycle parts online. When I'm not doing that I spend most my time at the gym or with the girlfriend and other friends.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:59 AM

hahahhahahahahaah jk i never done it my life. i falid english like 5 times most of the time becouse of the gay *** presentations, i did not want to do them so i did not.... and i faild...5 times ahhaahahha. the last one i did the gay presentation and i passed with a D+ ahahahha hey english is my second language, but i have knowed(is that how u spell it? idk) it sence i was like 5.

anyways i work at a store... most of the time saying where out of it check back in a week...i am to lazy to check if we have it hahhahaaha. funny stories there but that another time.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:09 PM

Failed .... Known ..... Since .... We're .... But yeah,

Old 04-12-2007, 12:09 PM

^lol
i work at a golf course, but pretty soon i am going to get on with blue cross and blue shield...wooo!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 12:19 PM

I'm working right now...(well on break but at work)...in an office as a designer for bodies of fire trucks. I use a 3D program to make individual parts and then create sub-assemblies out of all those parts, which then go into a big full truck assembly. I also create most of my own drawings for all of these parts/assemblies also. It’s monotonous at times but pay is good so I can’t complain. For awhile I was doing shop support between engineering and the manufacturing floor and I really enjoyed that. It’s sounds pretty boring but my cube-mate and I are probably the loudest people in the office and we make each day pretty interesting. I’m going back to school part time starting this summer so that I can get a bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Tech…just some kind of paper that will increase my wages. Okay boring story is over.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:24 PM

I wok @Champion Hondamotorsports selling parts ( i get my parts at cost and have them put on for free)