Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What do you do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you do?

Just wondering what you guys usually do when you bump into other riders on the road. I dont see many here in raleigh during my daily commute but this past weekend I had the pleasure of running into several. First guy was sporting a kawasaki 250 and just followed me a bit until he reached his exit. The next guy had a suzuki and proceeded to speed up a bit as i approached him and the two of us just kind of made our way thru traffic in a fun but safe manner. So anyways i'm just wondering, what are your experiences?

Old 10-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some years ago (like the 80's) I used to do a 160 kay round trip commute on my Kawasaki.
When you do the same trip everyday (& this was over a 9 year period) you see the same cars & bikes on a regular basis. One of my favourite tagged rides was with a cop on his police bike. Turned out he was a trainer at the police bike training centre & the bugger could ride to. By following him, he actually taught me a lot about riding in the rain & it was a good way to make up time (he never stuck to the speed limits). 1st off it was just a nod to each other, then a wave & eventually a short stop for a talk & ciggie.
Having a bike is being a member of a great club, I've meet many other people & have made some good friends over the years.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:43 PM

If I were to bump into another rider on the road I would probably just ride farther away from then next time

Old 10-20-2010, 07:57 PM

I don't often meet up with other bikes going the same direction. Usually I give a little wave and keep doing what I'm doing. Only once or twice I've sped up to keep up with someone who has passed me.

I'd love to be able to meet up with other riders when I'm out since I'm usually alone, but it's never seemed to work out.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most times we're heading opposite directions so it's just a nod or a wave (or a sneer from many faux-Hells Angels HD wannabes). Once I had a guy tandem with me.

But I didn't like that a guy I never met and had no experience riding with locked onto my 4 oclock. So I dusted him with turns

Old 10-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go rat race with them, then they go that way and I go the other way.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 PM

Sometimes I see if I can catch up with them at a stop. I've made several riding friends this way.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends what I'm doing. If I'm commuting to work or trying to get somewhere.... I just get there.
But I used to ride with some groups of friends on the weekends and we'd pick up tag along riders or fall in with other groups sometimes. Usually just to check out the different bikes.... maybe stop for a smoke, hang out, and say hi to other riders.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:24 AM

Cool. I haven't had the time to actually stop and chat with anyone i've encountered. Only time I've had the opportunity to talk to anyone i've run into on the road is usually when i'm caught in the rain. It's amazing how many bikers can end up under an overpass during a summer downpour.