Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What to do with gear?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with gear?

So after my ride today i had to go pick up a couple of small things from the store, they would fit in the trunk of my bike. So as i was riding i was wondering what i was going to do with all my gear it was 90 degrees out and i did not want to walk through the store with it all on nor did i want to leave it outside. so i had to come home pick up my car and then go back out.

So i was wondering when you guys go to a store with your bike what do you do with your gear?

Also when you pump gas and have to pay cash do you go into the store with your helmet or take it off?

Old 06-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What to do with gear?

as far as the helmet......it depends on where im at, and how long im going to be in there. usually i'll leave the helmet if im in a area where i feel it will be ok. if its a quick run inside a convenience store i just take it off, and take it in w/ me. as for the jacket.......that goes w/ me 100% of the time no matter how hot it is. i just unzip it and go in the stores w/ it on. gloves, if im going to run in real quick, such as a convenience store, i leave them INSIDE the helmet under the rear seat locked. if im going inside the store w/ my helmet, then i stuff them in the helmet and carry it all in.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:51 PM

As I'm sure most of you peeps do, I park as close to the store as possible. (Better chance of no-one messing with it and if it gets vandalized or hit, there are usually witnesses). I lock my helmet on the bike with my gloves in the helmet. I will take my jacket off and carry it if it is hot. As far as walking in just to pay for gas, helmet stays on unless I have been riding for a while. Break time.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha, i always take the helmet off when i go inside to pay for gas. i feel like they may be nervous of someone walking in w/ their face mostly covered. convenience stores have a tendency to get robbed about 8 miles from my house, lol.

oh, forgot to mention. i also have a gorilla alarm on my bike. so if im going in, lets say a grocery store......i'll set the alarm while im in and i park as close as possible to the store and try to be in plain view of other people that are outside the shopping center......it would help to have a witness, lol.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 PM

Helmet always comes off for me, if im stopping chances are ill take a break and smoke a cig while im wherever i am :P Usually leave gloves in the helm on the bike, jacket over the guages if im somewhere i trust, or wear it if i don't trust.

yea for the most part i will pay with the helmet onunless im talking to someone else then it might come off. I don't have a helmet lock on the 900 so thats out of the question. Today was just so hot that i did not want to walk through a ghetto store with no ac and just make my jacket sticky.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I carry the gear with me. Helmet off to pay for gas just depends........

Old 06-11-2007, 11:04 PM

gas station i leave my helmet on, and i ussaly go to the same 2 or three alla time, and its ussally the same person working there. so i do not think that it bothers them. as far as walking around the store, i get a cart and dump my stuff in it whilie i walk around... or just sweat it out if i not getting a backpack worth of food. .

Old 06-11-2007, 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: psycojester

they would fit in the trunk of my bike.
Your bike has a trunk?! Wouldn't mind telling me where it is, would ya? I've been looking for a place to put my insurance etc...

Old 06-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Banned

If I don't want to carry the helmet, I have a small cable lock I use for my helmet and my girlfriends. Now I know what that stupid grab bar is for on my bike.If the place is shaky I take my magnetic tank bag (where I keep the cheapy cable lock) with me because it usually has an ipod and garage door openers in it.

Quick Reply: What to do with gear?