CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   What to do? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/what-do-138363/)

Shadow 06-05-2012 12:38 AM

Unfortunately there is little more we can do here on the Forum except to warn the other members about this unscrupulous behaviour. It gives us all a bad taste.
The culprit has been put on moderation (after he didn't respond to e-mail )so he won't be posting any more classifieds (or anything else) until Mods/Admin have vetted them. I hope the loss of revenue from future sales is worth it to the guy responsible, AND HE CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT, KNOWING HE HAS DEFRAUDED A FELLOW MEMBER.

IF THERE'S ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS A CHEAP SET OF USABLE FAIRINGS FOR THIS MAN'S BIKE..........
how about a pay-it-forward ??? :)

That Guy in Maine 06-05-2012 12:40 AM

Thanks Shadow, I know there is nothing more to do here :) I do however want to warn other people since I saw a few others interested in some of his items.

I should recover about $120 after all is said and done, it's just a waiting game now.

Thanks for the support!

CJardine 06-05-2012 05:25 AM

hey man what kinda bike you got? I might be willing to pay it forward. never mind check your profile, you've got a F2 right? well if anything fits with an F4 let me know.

That Guy in Maine 06-12-2012 11:35 PM

Thanks for the offer CJardine, but I don't think anything is really able to carry over.

Update from PayPal...and I'm not happy at all.

I got an message saying they closed the case and it was in his favor, not mine. They said I didn't respond to a request for more information.

I never got a request for more information, also when I called earlier they told me he had submitted a response...but I never got to see that.

Well, since PayPal didn't do anything, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm kind of just fed up with this whole thing.

I kind of feel like giving up, selling my bike and losing the money I put into it. I can't afford to keep getting screwed like this, and it's happened twice now. I'm out $450 in total costs to get a set of stupid fairings, if this is how it's going to be with this bike I'm done, I can't pour money into it and get screwed over.

If anybody in the New England area wants to buy an F2, I'm your guy :(

I have to think about this whole thing, I might have to cancel my BRC, I don't know what to do at this point...it just really sucks and this is the last straw.

I will be calling PayPal tomorrow. They're going to get a few angry words, that's for sure.

Shadow 06-13-2012 12:47 AM

I sent him a PM.
Sad really.
Maybe your local "small claims court ? " - don't know if you have them in the US.

If he doesn't respond, he won't sell any more parts here.......ever !

vfrman 06-14-2012 01:11 PM

That is really tough to swallow. I feel for you man.

That Guy in Maine 06-14-2012 07:02 PM

I appreciate it guys, there is a small claims court...but I'm in Maine and he's in California, so it would all be over the phone, which probably would be more of a waste of time than anything else.

Live in learn, just not sure if I will stick with motorcycling, just getting way more costly than I had originally thought.