Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Member alert!! DO NOT BUY FROM (951) Baby Shortee!

Update on post 7.

Do NOT buy from (951) Baby Shortee!!!!

Alright, first I need to vent, so if you don't want to hear it, skip down a bit.

I bought a set of plastics for $200 shipped, a good deal probably if they had not been BROKEN. I already had purchased one set of plastics that were damaged, and I didn't feel like fixing them because I don't have the time. Now I figured alright, I'll let them sit in my garage and take the loss and get another pair. So I found a user on here willing to sell me his set for $200 shipped, which normally would have been a great deal, until I figured out (far too late) that the seller was a dishonest jerk.

Here is what I was told about the condition...
"The rest are not in the best condition (they are 19 yrs old) so they do have some cracks and scratches."

To me that meant, they have some scratches on the paint (which I'm fine with for the most part). And that they would have a few cracks on them, like cracks, not splits, and certainly not entire pieces snapped off and not included. I can't repair a plastic if the piece cracked off isn't even included!!

Now, when I first asked about them I asked for pictures like anybody should before buying items, especially plastics because they're cosmetic pieces...

Well I got pictures from the seller and they all looked good. I didn't see anything majorly wrong with them, a few scratches sure, but the photos were taken from a distance...and so when I got them I realized some of the sections were a lot more beat up than I was shown and told...but that's not the best part. When I open the box I found a roll of duct tape! It just so happened the plastics I bought were red, and so was the tape! I was confused for a minute or two as to why the seller had given me the tape. I don't know if it was a joke or what but I found out soon why he had it in the first place!

The seller, had taken the red tape and covered the biggest crack which he had repaired (if you can call it a repair) then covered with red tape to hide it in his pictures that he sent me!!

I am REALLY disappointed. Now here's the thing. I got the items on the 14th, which is now a week ago. I messaged the seller here and asked him what he was going to do. I get a reply saying that the fairings aren't trashed, he uses the tape to ride with them (thanks for telling me that before I paid for them), and that apparently he gets compliments all the time. I DON'T CARE IF YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ALL THE TIME, YOU LIED ABOUT THE CONDITION AND OBVIOUSLY TRIED TO COVER UP THE DAMAGES WITH TAPE!!

----

Now that I'm done venting, I want some input. I told him I was going to open up a PayPal today if I hadn't heard back and I haven't he hasn't offered me any kind of refund, any way to make it right, or anything. I'm seriously angry at him. I also thought that I would be making a safe purchase since the member has been here for 3+ years and has 300+ posts. I guess I really need to start being more careful when buying fairings.

Now I need to find 2 pieces because mine are snapped and not able to be fixed, then I have to paint them to match (oh boy, that'll be fun). Plus repair all the others that are damaged.

I don't know what to do at this point, asking for a full refund seems like way to much, but to replace the pieces I need and get them painted to match the rest will cost like $150, not to mention the other problems he covered up like the cracked piece covered in tape.

What should I do?

EDIT : Meant to put this in Off Topic, whoops!

Last edited by That Guy in Maine; 06-05-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:37 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Rather pay it forward...seller must use common ethics...fair judgement...cannot lie about the conditions of items.

If I had old fairing is cracked, ****, I'll give them to you...buy me lunch. CBRF is not a place to sell and misleads buyer.

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: profanity
Old 05-21-2012, 01:49 AM

I'd open the PayPal dispute. You may have to return them to him but who cares considering they're junk.
And then I'd stay away from used fairings. Just spend a few hundred more and get a new set of the china ones or better yet order from motorcyclefairingsrus.com they're a vendor here but I only here good stuff about what they're selling so far.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:30 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have a problem with the seller, it's good to let the members know.

Send me a PM with the guy's information and I'll talk to him if you like...................?

And open a case with Paypal immediately on the basis that the parts are not as described.
You will have to return them at your cost, though.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow
If you have a problem with the seller, it's good to let the members know.

Send me a PM with the guy's information and I'll talk to him if you like...................?

And open a case with Paypal immediately on the basis that the parts are not as described.
You will have to return them at your cost, though.
Call paypal NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will tell you to work it out w/seller. Only give him 1 or 2 days to refund your money. Find out for sure how long you have TOTAL for a refund, I thought it was 90 but was informed from my post it is 45 days. Let them know you have pics and all the details. Like I said find out how many days you have for a refund because the ripoff sellers know and will stall until you are beat. That is why I say 1 or 2 days. I have been beat 2 times before, once on this forum and both times was refunded my money ONLY because I acted QUICK. Also having the seller send you a request detailing the items being purchased will usually seal the deal. Good luck and I would surely take all the advice from the other posts to help other prospective buyers and good CBR FORUM members.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 AM

Well I'm hesitant, I'm stuck in a coner here where if I get refunded I have to pay shipping (not cheap) back. I'm not sure what I will do yet...luckily I use PayPal a lot and always put a description of the items in the notes for a bit of protection.

Shadow I will pm you the info later today.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

I would file a dispute.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:50 PM

Alright, I haven't had any contact with him, it's clear he is now ignoring me so I figure taking his $200 will make him contact me. I opened a PayPal dispute and asked for $120, the cost to get a headlight cover, bondo, and the remaining bolts I thought I was getting. It doesn't pay for the 2 other pieces that are missing pieces and mounting brackets, or the price to get a new upper fairing (which is broken) but I think it's the most I can get, it'll probably get knocked down a bit through "negotiations" so we'll see. Hopefully it all goes well.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:07 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It's sad to hear you encounter such a case here at CBRF...I've always believe selling should be left on eBay or CL. Selling on forum should always be "hey bro, I'll hook you up" ...that's sort of stuff....

It's just sad....I've sold a few things here at this forum, and buyer purchase with grace...I've sold a $250 rain boots for $130 shipped, throw in a pair of used gloves too... Is like selling to family...CBRF family...if you even thinking about profit or recuperate...don't post anything for sale, let alone lie about description. It is what it is.....just be honest and ask yourself if you were the buyer.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:26 AM

Figured I should update this.

I paid for the items on 5/4/12, that's a month ago from yesterday.

I still have not gotten any money back from PayPal or the member 951 Baby Shortee.

It's become a waiting game for me, which I am not happy about. It has now been a month, and I need to get my bike on the road. I am a 17 year old kid who doesn't have $1,000 saved up somewhere that I can just buy another set of fairings, or parts etc and wait for this money to come back to me. I have to put things together here and there to get my bike on the road. I'm fine with that, I know that's how it is, and I accept it. I'm going off to college this fall and I know it'll be that way for the next 4-5 years.

What angers me the most out of all this, is that he hasn't responded. I got one PM back from him a day or two after I got the items and before I had opened the dispute.

Once I opened the dispute I gave him a day or two to respond, he hadn't so I escalated the dispute to speed up the process. He never responded. I was just on the PayPal site and I read that if the seller doesn't respond in 10 days the buyer is given the money. Well, I still have no money, and it's been about 15 days since I opened the dispute.

At this rate I'm going to miss out on the already short riding season in New England because after I get my money back (June 20th is when PayPal is supposed to do the final evaluation of the case). Then I have to order the parts from somewhere else and get them shipped, so at the earliest I will be on my bike sometime in very late June or early July.

That leaves me 2 and a half months of riding this year, not exactly what I was hoping for. But I guess that's how things go, right?

I hope nobody else get's screwed over by this member. Please avoid buying from him.

I will update this when the case is over, but right now it might not be for 15 days.