Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what a day

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what a day

rode to work this morning, weather wasnt too bad.........low 40's and dry (which feels damn good, in my opinion!). i had a hint of a headache when i got there.......took two excedrin migrains and got the truck loaded to leave. ended up working at a job 1hr from our shop but 5mins from my house. it sucked SO BAD! very very ****ty day indeed. i had to replace an outdoor heat pump in the pouring rain....not fun at ALL! it got to around 56 and i couldnt even tell. my hoody was drenched all the way through, i was shivering, and my head at this point was pounding. someone could have been hitting me in the temples w/ a mallet and i wouldnt have known the difference! ended up getting off work and saying screw it.......drove the big *** diesel work truck minutes to my house and got rid of my migrain before driving all the way back up to get my bike. sure enough, when i finaly do its pitch black out and raining its *** off.

im glad today is almost over.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: what a day

Sorry to hear that, but at least you're working!!!!

Sounds sappy for sure but it's true in these ****ty times.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:07 PM

yeah, im grateful i still have a job.......at the end of summer our company was pretty much cut in half and many laid off. although, not to toot my own horn......but im ONE of the most reliable people they have there and my boss knows that.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1 hour from your shop and 5 minutes from your home... thats ****ty!

What you did in house tog get rid of the migraine?? I guess some sex!

Old 12-19-2008, 06:14 PM

haha no (g/f was working [:@]). i've always gotten migrains. i actually envy people who just get regular headaches.

i've got it down to a system to getting rid of them, lol. scolding hot shower.....im talking skin is close to coming off! pretty much numbs the headache then i get out and lay down w/ a ice pack on my head till i fall asleep. 9 times out of 10 i wake up 30mins or so later and its gone........if not, i repeat the process. usually works like a charm!

Old 12-19-2008, 06:19 PM

no biggie Classic. i am new to doing this, so im not that informed on it all. i used to run the sheetmetal shop at the company i work for and started doing replacements 3+ months ago.

im not sure what the unit i removed was exactly (a York), but i installed a 16seer, American Standard heat pump. heat pumps arent expensive to run, as far as i know. its only expensive when your heater package inside your air handler comes on (your emergency heat)......which kicks on when the heat pump isnt able to get the temp. to where you want it quick enough or at all.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:22 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sucks man...knock on wood I've never had a migraine...I can only imagine what a pair of mallets pounding the temples feels like.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:26 PM

VP i used to go to the emergency room for them as a kid.......they wouldnt go away at all! i was prescribed Imitrex (i think thats how its spelled) and used to see a neurologist but i grew out of them a few years ago. now, i still get one from time to time but its far from what it used to be.....a weekly thing. now i take excedrin migrain and do what i said above and usually like i said, it goes away. today's started off as a headache but escalated to a migrain as my day got worse!

Old 12-19-2008, 06:27 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

God man that must have been pretty scary as a kid... what's the deal with migraines anyway... are they genetic?