Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What Can I DO?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009 | 12:21 AM
|

Originally Posted by isolated1523
is that guy's name on the title, or is it just signed?
its got his name and address

Old 07-22-2009 | 12:25 AM
|

Originally Posted by Rod38um
Tell the guy to fix the situation or your brother-in-law (the state trooper) wink, wink says that what the guy did is considered jumping a title to avoid taxation and comes with a hefty jail time and fine..... lol
I seriously have known people to get arrested for jumping titles though....
I wont buy anything if the titles not 100% right and I wont sell one by just signing the title, I have to go to the notary or else the vehicle is still in my name and I'm still liable..... I wont do that!!
Your bike is still in the first guys name..... you wreck it.... he could be sued..... Bad move on his part.....
I wish you luck!
i canr get ahold of hi,. he first says come up on the wweekend will fix it, now no answer i been callin all week. im bought ready to just show up at his front door. im 180 but all my friens are 300 plus

Old 07-22-2009 | 12:27 AM
|

Originally Posted by Seafordguy
I have bought plenty of things from seller B where the title and the signature ON the title was from seller A. I simply went to the dmv and got a title in my name.

They don't care that it changed hands from A to B to C. As far as they are concerned it changed from A to C.
well they wont do it i tried, the guy i bought it from has his name on the baabk but it isnt switched to his name. in order for this to happen he has to pay the tax, he didnt so all it is is his name all over the back of the title and i cant do ****

Old 07-22-2009 | 02:53 PM

If you cant get him to do something about it, I'd say you just paid $500 for a lesson in proper title transfer procedure. More than likely an attorney will cost you what you already paid so........
This is just a sucky situation, I wish you luck!

Old 07-22-2009 | 03:03 PM

Goto the DMV, get the bill of sale, get guy B to sighn that. Problem solved.
Unless the bikes been reported stolen it should go through.

Old 07-22-2009 | 07:37 PM
|

i got ahold of the guy. i begged only for my girl. i told him i would pay his tax . so my girl and my dad are going to meet him tmrw. ill keep you guys posted

Old 07-23-2009 | 02:32 AM
|
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hangfire
After the titles transfered, kick him in the nuts and run. That'll teach him. Just make sure you don't get antsy and accidentily kick him in the nuts before the transfers done, as that may possibly hamper his ability or willingness to help get it done. Trust me on this, the order of events here is paramount, doing it backwards makes things much more difficult.
i like your style

Old 07-23-2009 | 11:51 PM
|

all is well!!!!! titles in her name and plates will be on tmrw. me and my girl will go for are first ride together on separte bikes sat!

Old 07-24-2009 | 07:02 AM

Cool! Congrats too......... It would be nice having your girl ride her own bike. I'm jealous!