Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What Can I DO?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can I DO?

so my girl bought a bike. the title was in the name of the owner before the guy she bought it from. it is signed over and it is notarized but it needs to be put in the guys name who we bought it from then signed to us. well the guy said he would meet me now he wont . he doesnt want to pay the tax on the title im sure to have it switched to his name. its only listed as 500.00 on the title so i left him a message sayin i would pay the tax. thats not ****. anyway he still wont call back.what can i Do??? i have the bike and the title but cant do ****.... any ideas as far as filing like a lost title or getting a salvage or something so my girl can ride . she just got her temps plus paid all this money for this bike she cant drive. Help me fellow honda heads!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Retired Super Moderator

is that guy's name on the title, or is it just signed?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:36 AM

I don't know about america. But here you can goto the DMV and get a bill of sale form. then you just get the guy who sold her the bike to fill it out.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:37 AM

Track down the original owner that it's titled to, and see if they'll get a replacement title. I had to do that with a car once.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I go to the dmv 30 minutes away where no one seems to care about anything. They let that go through for me twice now. I just signed on the dealer part on the back and they put it through. Depending on the year of the bike and your laws you can just get him to sign a bill of sale and then get a title from that.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Ok if I've got this straight..Owner A sold it to Owner B, who sold it to you. The dealer portion on the title is done in Owner A's name and the seller portion is blank, correct?

If so, just fill in your name as the seller and go to the DMV. This is a pretty common way of reselling bikes.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:32 PM

Tell the guy to fix the situation or your brother-in-law (the state trooper) wink, wink says that what the guy did is considered jumping a title to avoid taxation and comes with a hefty jail time and fine..... lol
I seriously have known people to get arrested for jumping titles though....
I wont buy anything if the titles not 100% right and I wont sell one by just signing the title, I have to go to the notary or else the vehicle is still in my name and I'm still liable..... I wont do that!!
Your bike is still in the first guys name..... you wreck it.... he could be sued..... Bad move on his part.....
I wish you luck!

Old 07-21-2009, 08:00 PM

I have bought plenty of things from seller B where the title and the signature ON the title was from seller A. I simply went to the dmv and got a title in my name.

They don't care that it changed hands from A to B to C. As far as they are concerned it changed from A to C.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:14 AM

there is no room on the back of the title . it has owner A name siginin it over to owner B. ther is no space for my info its all taken from the guy i bought it from who didnt pay tax.