Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What the....

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default What the....

so i was at the car / motorcycle show last weekend. i got to see chip foose, i saw the paul jr. designs "fist" bike in person (and got to hear it run when the show was breaking down), saw a few really cool bikes (like a turbo diesel chopper)...

but Wyotech had a booth set up there. it was for recruiting

they had a triumph rocket which was pretty cool. it had a 3 into 1 exhaust that was only about 12 in. long. it was wrapped. it looked pretty cool

but they also had this quad. and for some reason, i couldn't figure it out for a while what was different about it....

i first noticed the NOS (and thought "...why?"). then i noticed the gauges didn't look right for a quad. then i noticed the tail (r6). then i noticed that it had four exhaust pipes on it and thought "that's odd for a quad".

then it clicked. it had friggin R6 motor in it. with NOS...

what in the hell is the point?

i asked one of the guys there if they really put an r6 motor in it (who tried to say it was the r750 motor instead of the r6 until he was corrected by one of the other guys). he said ya, it'll do 160 mph too.

can you imagine how damn loud that thing is?

i guess the asian repair class built it as a tribute.

it also has a sound system, dvd player, blue LED's everywhere.

who in the right mind would want to go 160mph on a tiny little quad? and who wants a dvd on their quad? i thought it was a pretty cool idea to make something crazy to help recruit kids to go to their school - but why a quad with a supersport motor in it and electronics that would be more at home in a civic

anyways, figured i'd share.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you ask why...I ask why not?

Old 12-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by frozenpoet
because as fun as it is to go 160mph on a bike, i don't think any person (unless they escaped the ward or were off their meds) would try that on a 4 wheel vehicle that isn't really stable at 40mph.

and because of the flat power curve that quads generally have (cuz they're mainly for off road applications) it would not be fun to drive around because it'd be a dog one minute, and then holy sh*t the next.

i'm all for why the hell not.... as long as it's some what feasible.... or fun....

.... ah hell.... it probably is fun hahaha

and i do think it's pretty crafty where they hid the radiator

Old 12-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

God, Conrice!! I almost hurt myself laughing, at your last comment. You called that
perfect! You the "Man"!

Ern

Old 12-06-2011, 04:53 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

first off, i agree, who the hell wants to ride that thing at that speed.

but some project for bike show, where people gonna look at it and think its cool as he!!, why not.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:43 PM

this si my buddy jeremys old bike, thats a 1300cc busa motor on it. stretched raptor frame. saw him do 178 on it before. at the drag strip he could never hook so never had a good time, also went with him when he had paddle tires on that back and he went mud riding in it once lol.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing I really like about Chip Foose show cars -is- they are all practical for everyday street use...not just for show.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
One thing I really like about Chip Foose show cars -is- they are all practical for everyday street use...not just for show.
did i mention that bike is street legal, blinkers, horn, high/low beam all work

Old 12-06-2011, 09:06 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by frozenpoet
lol same... I wouldnt go 160 but quads are fun as hell...

Old 12-07-2011, 02:56 AM

Here in lil ole N.Z. there is an annual event called "Race to the sky" takes place late summer/autumn utilises access road to Cardrona skifield (a bit like Pikes Peak) all manner of entries / classes including a quad class.Local guys build up specials including Subaru turbo and Hyabusa powered rigs.Pretty spectacular racing as it is all on a gravel surfaced road.