Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wet Weather Riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet Weather Riding

From the time I bought my 06 1000RR it was in the rain one time only because I was doing a charity ride. The next day I took all the fairings off and cleaned it from the inside out. Since then it hasn't been wet. IfI'm at work when the forecast says rain the bike stays home and my fellow employees get a laugh out of it but thier bikes don't look as good. I clean it once a week at least and if time I clean it after a race. Some people say I'm nuts but I take care of all my stuff.It turns heads when others see it and they ask how do I keep it looking that good? If you all want to know a secret use Honda Polish. It's the only product I've seen thatyou can spray on and takes the bugs off without heavy rubbing.
I guess the real question is what do you think aboutpeople who ridein the rain?[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 01-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Default RE: Wet Weather Riding

yeah the honda polish isnt much of a secret..works great.. as for riding in the rain goes, i dont mind it im use to being caught out in the rain i dont think i would not ride my bike just cuz its raining or abut to rain

Old 01-19-2007, 10:05 PM

I ride in the rain. My bike never seen it before I owned it. Yes it is messy but I bought my bike to ride, rain or shine.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:13 PM

I'm with Bushmaster...Plus I live right near Seattle, it damn rains 8mo out of the year. Rain or shine, I wash my bike once a week, even in the rain, then I roll it into the garage and dry it off and polish it up. I know it's gonna get dirty the next day, but at least it's cleaner than it was. I like to ride, and rain doesn't stop me. 35 degrees outside and pissing down sideways.....don't care. My buddie has his Ducati stored in my garage, hasn't ridin it in months cause " bwooooo hoooo it's cold and wet" F-that. Theres riders and then theresowners.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:20 PM

I dont set out to ride in the rain. But if it happens Ive got good gear so its no big deal. I hate it though cause I know that all that muddy, oily water is getting all over my undertail and suspension. I put a little dish soap in a spray bottle and coat the whole bike with the foam. Most of the dirt sprays right off. What doesnt spray off usually comes of with the thorough wiping/drying I do. What doesnt get taken care of with that gets taken care of with the Honda spray cleaner. That stuff is the absolute bomb yo!

Old 01-20-2007, 09:04 AM

i love the rain. + no little or a lot of rain is gana stop me.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:03 AM

I live in Pennsylvania and I' still haven't put my bike to bed for the winter yet beacause it hasn't snowed enough for it to stay on the ground longer than a couple of hours. Around here I'm the only person crazy enough to ride when it's below 20. I don't mined the cold as much as I mined the rain.In fact I rode to work today and my thermometer said it was 22.

Old 01-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Retired Moderator

I am nervous about riding in the rain. I guess, for whatever reason, I don't have full confidence in the traction of the tires. The are new Bridgestone Battlaxes and are a great tire. I guess with experience comes confidence. I, too, got the bike to ride as much a possible, so I go out more often than not.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:04 PM

You guys are lucky, in my little division they dont plow it unless theres alot of snow, and its going to stay there, so there are little patches of snow all over in my culdasac, but only a little ways away is complete snow-free road, i finnaly got my permit and my plate, so i'm eager to ride, i'd go buy insurance if someone was crazy enough to ride with me in this weather, too bad i cant make it out of my neighborhood =D.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:22 PM

I don't go out and start riding in the rain, but if it happens I'm not pulling over until it stops or anything.

Quick Reply: Wet Weather Riding