Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Went to the dealer today...

Old 05-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Went to the dealer today...

No choice. They're the closest inspection station. Ororo is now fully legal. But she's pissed.

First the mechanic hopped on and took off on the test ride like she was his gsxr. He did it so fast (after I had been waiting for 45 minutes) he didn't give me a chance to take my helmet off the helmet lock . Then while I'm inside I can hear him revving her, sounding like he's going from closed to straight to WOT. The biggest thing however was the inspection sticker...

He slapped in on her fender! The prior sticker was fully visible on the fork tube. I came out and she was like "Look what that ****er did to me!". Went back in the dealer and asked "Why'd you put the inspection sticker on my bike's fender???" Guy swears that's the required location. Told him to walk with me, went around the showroom and I picked out 7 used bikes with current stickers all on the forks. And then repeated "Why'd you put the sticker on my baby's fender???"

They bitched saying I had to tell them not to put it on the fender, bitched about wasting a sticker and swore it'd fall off the forks. My baby sulked the whole way home. Getting caught in a rain shower didn't help

On the plus side tho I heard 3 people ask the salesman how much for the cherry blue F4i

Old 05-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats horrible. Pretty much they molested your bike. I would have given my 2 cents about someone doin that to my baby.

I dunno if its a different law or what but here in LA they asked if i wanted it on my bike or if i just wanted to have them staple it to my registration. I opted for the staple.

PS i never ride with a helmet locked now since it hurt my baby. Put a nice scuff in the graphic.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would've had a few words for that mechanic, or if he didn't care to respect me, his manager. If I take my bike somewhere to be inspected or serviced, I expect them to be responsible and not treat it like their own toy.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:10 PM

I checked the PA code

Title 67 Section 175.41(e)
(2) On a motorcycle or a motor-driven cycle, the certificate of inspection shall be affixed in a clearly visible, upright position to one of the following areas of the vehicle:
(i) On the left side—traffic side—of the front fork.
(ii) On the left side—traffic side—of the front fender.
(iii) On a plate attached by weld or rivets to the left side—traffic side—of the vehicle for purposes of mounting the certificate of inspection.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:44 PM

sorry to hear that bro; that shiet pisses me off.

half the time we have to explain to those idiots on how to do their fking job

Old 05-22-2010, 03:00 PM

Won't be going back there again. It was Philly Cycle Center. In the show room I counted 3 Honda sport bikes, 2 600rr and a 1000rr. But they had at least 10 Suzukis and 10 Kawasakis. No Honda cert mechanic on duty that I saw (a Suzuki and a Kawa mechanic).

Definitely felt Squid Friendly in there. Poor gear selection, most looked mesh (dunno... if it wasn't leather I didn't get any closer).

Old 05-22-2010, 05:23 PM

Lllllllame. So lame.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:31 AM

I wouldv'e cursed the mechanic out, and worked my way up to the manager. What in the HELL did reving the chit outta my bike have to do with getting her inspected? I dont think I wouldv'e left the key in for the "mechanic" to be able to get on and ride to get his jollies off either.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:00 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They actually rode yours during the inspection? Last month I took my 1000RR to a primarily Harley dealer and had it inspected. I figured that they would at least not give me a hassle about the aftermarket exhaust, which is louder than stock. They barely gave it the once over and no one rode it. They probably wanted me and my sport bike out of there ASAP.

Anyway, it passed inspection and I will probably go back there again if they'll shuttle me through like that every time.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are we getting worked up over a sticker here fellas? Breathe Kuro, breathe... wooooo saaaaa...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Went to the dealer today...