Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well.... rough road ahead

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think i would sleep flat on the back for that one. sleeping while hurt sucks. i hate sleeping on my back.

Sounds like you made it out in good shape for hitting a car head on. get well soon and rehab the hell out of that shoulder. Hopefully you can get a fat check from insurance and have a new bike by the time you well enough to ride.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:53 PM

I was wearing a basic gmax helmet that fit good but may have been a lil too big due to the nose clearance issue that i have. I also was wearing a joe rocket m1 tech jacket that saved me some serious skin along with the 2 shirts and hoodie i had under it. Nobody really knows what caused the bruising but damn it hurts.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:37 PM

Sucks bad........glad your still with the living though!!!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:47 PM

Somebody wanted you around still! Be thankful for that.

Good luck with that cuff injury. It's been over 2 years since mine was torn from a snowmobile accident. I re-injured it trying to skateboard about 8 months ago. It took a very long time to get "better" at all. My doctor was optimistic I wouldn't need surgery...but haven't seen him since it was reinjured.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a good thing to be able to tell your story to others, instead of them reading it in some newspaper. Heal up man, you should be ready to go by peak riding season here in a few months. (hopefully).

.......and stick it to those insurance companies. Someone has to pay to get your bike fixed/replaced.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Thumbs up

sucks to hear fade well aleast your alright with everything else considering, i just went down in august i feel your pain. hopefully you'll be back up and riding soon

Old 02-05-2009, 10:20 AM

Well, the pics I wanted to post here arent loading correctly but I guess it wouldnt be right if it all worked out. Sorry for the unclarity but these I believe were taken from a phone and the ones from a camera arent loading as I said. Too many things from too many places I guess.

On another note, unfortunately the bike is trashed. I got a buddy with a 98 f3 that could use a few parts to get it in proper shape for next season but I guess he'll have to scrounge them up elsewhere.

I have yet to see the bike myself but from what i can tell, all the plastics,whole front end, engine (broke somehow, no oil in it), gauges, electrical, and from what I understand the frame is ripped up by the neck. GO FIGURE.

I guess its just time to relax for a couple months and figure out what new bike I want.

Good luck and safe riding to everyone.(watch out for the rich asses in the cadillacs who think they own the road)

Attached Thumbnails Well.... rough road ahead-imagejpeg_2.jpg   Well.... rough road ahead-imagejpeg_3.jpg   Well.... rough road ahead-imagejpeg_4.jpg   Well.... rough road ahead-imagejpeg_5.jpg  
Old 02-05-2009, 10:47 AM

wow, even the subframe looks like it bent, maybe the rear wheel is still good, but probably not much else.

You got away very lucky from the looks of that bike. get well soon.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:25 AM

Yeah, if you threw those pics up with no story behind it most of us would guess the rider paid the ultimate price. Please everybody be safe. Good luck in making your selection Black.

Quick Reply: Well.... rough road ahead