Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well this is off topic area......car help??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well this is off topic area......car help??

will for sure stay away from the performance mods, not worried about fast, thats what the bike is for. Simply a warm way to commute in the snow.

Am going to sea foam as much as possible, i have never done it before but i have read that it is much better than just using basic fuel additives. I have some friends who can help me out with that.

I would look Into those other cars but im getting this from a friend thats a mechanic and i know its been properly maintined and its only $800. So i cant much argue since im just going to run the shiit out of it anyway.

TIMacct- ive actually done about of year in combustable fuels research and hotter is bad. CAI, fuel coolers and higher octane gas all help keep temps down and make combustion more complete which is the reason they provide more power. There is a lot of chemistry behind it but in the end thats what they people with doctorates say, ima take thier word for it. you should find out what your friend is talking about specifically. If its working for him maybe he is on to something, who knows.

I will also look into the wires, distributer cap and rotor too, gotta get the manuel still.

any other regular stuff that im missing? Im far from a tech or anything like that so no thing is too small to mention, I just remembered ill check all the pads and rotors when i get it too and probably do a tire rotation and check the pressure as recomended.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:50 PM
RCR

Some mods work. I have a power programer on my 01 f-150 with 35's,411's and 7" lift and it gets 16 mpg before it was only 17. Not all programs are for power, mine only gives me 45hp but it runs much better then stock.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:54 PM

RCR, you mean you got 17 before all the mods and now with the mods and the power programmer you get 16 still? I would love some info on that! Might help my truck out enough that i could get out and do some more off roading